Prologue

Let's get one thing straight, I'm a hybrid. A powerful one, but does anyone care? No. They just call me a 'freak' or 'abomination' and beat the shit outta me.

Ananielle Lucias-Jennifer Pandora is a hybrid.

That's what I was; an Angel-Devil hybrid. A dejected child born of supposed ''rape'' and bad fruit. Thus putting me as every Angel in Heaven's enemy. Because my dad was devil. Well, actually, The Devil is the correct term. If what they taught me in school was true, there's only one Lucifer. So I'm the daughter of the prince of Hell. Yay Me; too bad everyone hates me for it..I always asked my mother why she would do that to me, give everyone else another reason to hate me. And she would always go really still but the last time I asked her, s-she flipped out and slapped me across the face.

She dragged my by my long red hair and pulled my face within inches of hers. ''It wasn't my fault, do you understand me?'' I whimpered in response, fearful if I didn't answer, she'd hit me again. My mother never hit me, sure everyone did, but never her. I thought I'd lost the one of the few person who actually cared about me.

Her face immediately softened and I saw her grey wings relaxed. Her sapphire eyes looked into in my scarlet ones and I saw it. I saw fear and disgust in her eyes. My demonic arm twitched and I heard my inner devil growl in anger. My own mother! Those inferior angels had turned her against me! Her own daughter!

The next seconds were gone so quickly, I didn't even comprehend what I had even done...In those few little seconds, I'd pulled away from her, ebony scales cascading over my once snow-white skin. My eyes turned fully black, and my fingertips burned as my claws came out, spilling a light amount of blood on to the kitchen tile. My mother yelped, falling backwards, her rosy skin paled in horror as I Triggered. ''Annie! DON'T!'' she screamed but I couldn't hear her as my transformation momentarily deafened me as it manifested the changes normally associated with that of Devils.

My black horns broke the skin on the top of my head as they sprouted and my teeth lenghtened quickly into razor-sharp fangs. My angelic sparesly feathered black wings shuddered once and all my feathers just fell one by one onto the floor, revealing tough leathery skin and spiked wing tips. My long red silky hair turned wild and maroon as it curled into intricate ringlets. A faint tingle down my eyes told me that my silver helix spirals were once again seeming to crawl out of my eyes and a my golden tear streak had tried to grace themselves as my tears.

My back arched as I lay writhing on the floor, in tremendous pain. My mouth was open in a silent scream as my wings flapped and shuddered, signalling I was nearly done with my Triggering. 

''Where is the fucking holy-water, damn it!'' My mother swore. My voice finally came back with a sudden scream. But the moment it left my lips, I knew it was too late as my mother's fingers finally grasped an opal vial of cloudy liquid. I convulsed once and I felt my eyes suddenly open. I saw everything with such clarity, my eyes hurt. The lights hurt my eyes and the bottle...it set my eyes on fire just by looking at it!

I roared and the sound wave knocked my mother off her little feet, her grey officer uniform billowing out once before she landed and broke the coffee table in a loud crash. I sprang to my feet, my ears ringing. i heard faint footsteps_the Angelic Guard were at least 3000 miles away. I knew I would be fine, but the one in danger was my mother. 

Why?

The last time I Triggered, i sent my own mother to the hospital for severe blood loss, heavy trauma, multiple broken bones (especially her ribcage) and internal damage. It took, if I remember right, 10  fully-trained high-ranking Angels to restrain me to hold me so they could save her from the brink of death. Even Angels can die, though it's very tricky even for a powerful Devil mercenary.