Chapter 3. Sunday Dinner

As I pulled up to my mom's crib, I noticed an unfamiliar car in the driveway. Frowning, I cut the engine off and grabbed my gun out of the glove compartment. Yeah I never went anywhere without my bitch, I made the mistake of doing that last year and not only did I end up in a coma for 6 months but I also lost my childhood friend Bishop. You see in this drug game everybody is expendable and nobody is untouchable. Especially sitting at the top of the throne, somebody is always waiting for you to fuck up or knock you off of it by any means necessary. Making my way up the walk way, I pulled out my key as I reached the door opening.

"Mommy!" I yelled out as soon as I got inside. And yeah I still call my mother mommy so what. She had it smelling good up in here. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, greens, strings beans, Hawaiian sweet rolls, Mac and cheese, and my favorite strawberry marble cake.

"Boy she in the kitchen can you stop all that yelling, we got company." My little sister Kiah said.

As soon as she said the words some nigga walked out of the bathroom. Kiah must be "in love" again. He looked too old for my sister she only 18 and he look to be about my mom's age.

"Baby girl I used the decorative towel to dry my hands I hope that's okay." He said to my sister. "You must be Karter, I heard a lot about you, I'm Darren." He said extending his hand out to me, I looked at it and back up to him.

"That's funny cause I ain't heard nothing about you." I said looking from him to my sister.

"Karter stop being so rude." Kiah said rolling her eyes.

"Mama know you dating this old ass man?" I asked her.

They both looked at each other and busted out laughing. At that time my mother had walked out of the kitchen wiping her hands on her jeans.

"Hey baby." My mother said.

I was about to speak back until I realized that she wasn't talking to me. She walked right up to that Darren nigga giving him a kiss.

"What y'all laughing about?" She asked.

"Well Nia,  Karter here thought I was dating your daughter?" Darren said with a chuckle.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked.

"Not that I have to explain myself to you or anybody else, but we've known each other about nine months and been  officially together for six." My mother said.

"Six months?" I asked. "What about daddy, you just gone disrespect him like that?"

"Look Karter now yo father has been dead a long time baby, six years to be exact and I think that he would be okay with me finding someone else." She said.

"So you think he okay with you being a hoe?" I asked, but immediately regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth.

The room got quiet, earily quiet and I saw a tear escape from her eye. Kiah gasped and shoved me hard making me  me stumble I swear her little miget ass is strong.

"Boy what's wrong with you disrespecting mama like that." Kiah said. "I miss daddy too but he been gone a long time and mama been lonely. You don't know cause you don't live here. You didn't hear hear mama crying herself to sleep every night over daddy. She finally found somebody to make her happy again and you ain't gone take that away from her. You might be the oldest, but I'm not gone let you do it."

At that moment my brother Kris came in noticing  the tension in the air.

"Man what you do?" He asked me.

I cut my eyes at him thinking about accidentally shooting him on purpose.

"How you figure it was me?" I asked.

"Cause we know you." He and my sister said in unison.

"Wassup D." Kris said dapping up Darren making me raise my eyebrows.

"Hey Kris." He said. "I think I better go, y'all have a lot to discuss.

He leaned in kissing my mother on the  forehead then he hugged my sister.

"I was hoping that we could have met user better circumstances Karter. You may not like it but I'm in love with your mother and Imma be around for however long she wants me to be." Darren said.

With that said he walked out of the door.

"He called mama a hoe." Kiah said cause me to mug her. Ol telling ass.

"Man I ain't mean that." I said. "I'm sorry ma I was just caught off guard."

She just looked at me and walked into the kitchen.

"Asshole." Kiah said walking up the stairs.

"Get fucked up Ki." I yelled after her.

"You need to lighten up man, Darren is a cool dude." Kris said. "And moms loves him and she happy, that's what you should be worried about. Pops ain't coming back and you wanting her still to be by herself is selfish as fuck yo."

"What is this, gang up on Karter day?" I asked.

"Yeah and it's gone be followed by whoop Karter's ass week if you step outta line with mama again." Kris answered.

He then walked into the kitchen I guess to check up on my mother. I know I was wrong for what I said but I still miss my dad and it felt like she was tryna replace him.

"Let me get the fuck outta here." I said out loud to myself.

I needed somebody to talk to. I hopped in my car and went to see my dad.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!
VOTE VOTE VOTE COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT AND PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES.