Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

The following day was great. Cale and I finally met up before school and we spoke about what had happened properly. He told me all of his feelings and I told him all of mine and he apologised again and I ended up apologising to him too. I didn't exactly know why I did apologise but I did and it made him feel satisfied that I had so I left it at that. It was nice having him actually speak to me again and I realised just how much I missed having him around. It was even nicer that our group was finally sitting and eating together for the first time in ages at lunch but I think the best part was when we were alone at the end of the day upstairs in his room. I liked Cale's room, it was medium sized but really cosy because his bed took up most of the space. I guess that it had to be that way, taking into consideration his history of girls.

"I wanna show you something," he said as I span in his chair. He hated it when I did that. That was his 'special' chair.

"Is it your extra-large condoms again?" I asked sarcastically. Cale scoffed then stopped then chair with his foot and pulled me closer to him so that I was facing him.

"Fuck you, you were snooping," he replied undoing his tie. He began to unbutton his shirt and reveal to me his chest.

"What the fuck are you doing Cale? I don't have money to throw at you," I said awkwardly. He chuckled then finished unbuttoning his shirt and showed to me his bare right shoulder and upper arm. There his light skin was inked with the most beautiful depiction of roses. It was obviously new, the tattoo was still slightly raised and a bit red but it still looked amazing.

"What do you think?" he asked with a grin. "Going back in two weeks to add to it, gonna have a whole fucking sleeve."

"That looks sick...oh my god Cale I didn't know you were getting a tattoo!"

"I had been drawing it out for ages and then last week I went with my brother and did it, wasn't planned or nothing just fucking went to get the guy to see me design and we went for it, looks good don't it?"

"You drew this out? No fucking way! It looks so good!" I said, gently stroking the petal of one of the roses. "Does that hurt?" I almost whispered.

Cale shook his head and I continued fingering the outlines of his tattoo. I actually didn't know that he could draw let alone that well! It honestly was a breath-taking design, I mean I wasn't really much of a tattoo girl. I liked seeing them on other people but I didn't really pay much attention to them but Cale's tattoo was really something.

"Did it hurt getting it done?" I asked but he didn't reply and when I looked up at him for an answer he was staring at me. "What?"

He grinned. "That's such a dumb fucking question and I bet everyone it gonna ask it too."

"How is it dumb? It hurts for some people and it doesn't for other people!"

"It's a small fucking needle you idiot as if that's gonna hurt a big man like me!" he said puffin out his chest. I scoffed then pressed down on of the roses with my fingers. Cale squirmed and flinched away from me and I laughed at him which led to him pulling me from around the waist and pinning me onto his bed. Then it was his turn to laugh at me because I couldn't get out from under him.

"You're a stupid asshole Cale," I said finally giving up with a grin.

"Yeah I know," he replied with his eyes locking into mine. I don't know if that moment was awkward or not, wanted or not but he tried to kiss me and I turned my head to stop his lips crashing into mine. "I'm a stupid asshole aren't I?," he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked obviously in vain. He shrugged a little and got off me and I sat up.

"What is it with these dumb questions today huh?" he asked with a small smirk.

"I would never come here if I knew you'd do this Cale," I replied turning to him.

"You still like it."

"We're not an item."

"Obviously, if we were I'd have you panties round your ankles," he said still smirking at me.

"You're gross," I said shaking my head, letting his contagious smirk get to me.

"You love it really."

"I'm going to find a boyfriend."

"Find on then."

"I will."

"What's stopping you?"

I paused. "Bad experience I guess...why don't you just find a girlfriend Cale?"

Cale just grinned at me. "Why are you so scared of this? Like seriously Alex, how can you be so against a thing you ain't even tried huh? I'm not Dane Alex, nowhere near I wouldn't do that shit to you, I've known you for too long and love you too much for that."

"I like what we have now Cale like okay say if we did go out and we did become something and then it went wrong for whatever reason like it just didn't work out we'd lose what we have and I don't want that, like Cale what if I said I love you too much to lose you? Can you understand?"

Cale cracked his fingers while he thought for a bit, the atmosphere becoming more and more serious. "You wouldn't lose me...I guess without being too idealist it could be a bit awkward but you gotta stop looking at it so pessimistically Alex cos' I caught feelings for you bad like real fucking bad."

"Give me some time Cale, just a little bit more."

��#n��pf\��h�