Chapter 1

Siva's Point of View

"Nareesha wait! Look, I'm sorry!" I pleaded as I watched my girlfriend stormed out of the house, her belongings in tow. She shoved a magazine in my face as she walked past me. I knew she was upset, but I didn't know what to say.

"No, not now Siva. It's too late for you to be sorry." she said. She walked down the driveway with tears forming in her eyes, threatening to fall but none did. She opened the car door as I ran to catch her but she slammed the door and started the car.

"But I didn't cheat on you!" I yelled knocking on her window trying to get her attention as she backed out.

The car came to a sudden stop. She rolled down the window and looked me in the eyes. I could feel her glare burning into me, those eyes that were once full of happiness and joy were now filled with anger and hurt. I felt my heart break knowing that I caused that.

"Sure you didn't." she said calmly, and with that she quickly pulled out and drove off. A gust of wind blew past me and it finally clicked in my mind.

She was gone. She left me, and nothing I say can make this better. But I have to try to get her back; I need her in my life.

I stared at the vacant driveway and made the decision to just leave her. She was too mad at me right now to talk so she just need some time, and space. 

I took in a deep breath and walked back into the house. I closed the front door behind me and walked down the hallway into the kitchen. I sat down at the kitchen table and stared at the magazine she had given me. On the cover was a picture of me, absolutely wasted walking out of a club with another girl. I opened it up and skimmed through the thin, shiny pages until I came across the article mentioned on the cover.

Inside the story was all about this wild night I had a few days ago, it also claimed that there was a big cheating scandal that was apparently going on. Apparently an 'anonymous source' had said that that Nareesha knew nothing about it because she had been spending time with Kelsey. She wouldn’t have thought anything about it if the page wasn’t plastered with pages of me and the girl I’d left the club with after a night out. She didn’t look nearly as intoxicated as I was and seemed really excited to be leaving with me. It made me sad to see that I’d disappointed a fan but it was worse knowing that I’d disappointed the girl I loved.

I thought back to a couple nights ago, how did I let this happen?

Everything was pretty foggy but I remembered most of it.

"It's gonna be a good night!" Tom said as we walked into the club with Kelsey. The boys went in followed by Nareesha and I. We walked into the club and made our way to the VIP section. Strobe lights flashed offering quick glimpses of people dancing together to the music.

When we got to our table in the VIP section a server in a short tight black dress came and asked us if we wanted anything. Her name tag read Stephanie and Jay immediately looked at her the way he looks at a pack of skittles. Max quickly piped up before he could try anything dumb and ordered three rounds of shots.

"Those rounds are on me. That should be enough to get us started." he said with a devilish grin. Jay looked at Max slightly disappointed but got over it quickly.

Nareesha gave me a disapproving look. I shrugged but before I could actually respond Max put his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. I could feel his gray eyes burning through me, it was like he was staring into my soul.

"Just let go for one night and have some fun. You're already here, and shots are on the way. Just have a good night." he said calmly. I slunk back in my seat as I nodded.