A Wild Escape *Complete*

(A.N.- Me and my friend Kimberly(Berlysauce) wrote this for English(:  )

Ashton put his iPod on full blast and stuck his head phones in his ears. Sure it’d be damaging, but he’d do anything to drown out his parents constant fighting. He lay down on his bed. Ashton felt cold and uncomfortable. Last time his parents fought like this, his mom got hurt.

She doesn’t deserve this!

His iPod sang him to sleep, but he was quickly awoken by his phone vibrating.

“Hello?” He answered groggily.

“Yo man!” Answered his best friend, Charlie. “Dude you gotta come to the peer!”

“Okay.” Ashton knew he was high, but he couldn’t do anything about it, so why try? He walked to the peer, which was right outside his house. It was just starting to get dark, but the moon illuminated Charlie.

“Dude,” Charlie started. “I was thinkin’, I should totally enter the surfing contest! I mean, I’d kick your-“

Ashton interrupted him. “Well, if you’re going to beat me, then you need to get more focused. Being high won’t help you out bro.”

            Past Charlie, was Ashton’s sister McKenzie. She was watching the water very carefully. She let the icy water crash at her ankles. She too, was trying to escape her parents fighting.

Should I help her? No, I’ll just get hurt...again.

Ashton ran up to McKenzie. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

McKenzie looked up from the glistening water. “I’m studying the water.” Not a complete lie. She just didn’t want to seem weak. “I need to predict how the waves will be for the surfing contest, because this year I’m going to beat you.”

Ashton rolled his eyes and looked over to Charlie, who was now splashing around in the water, flailing his arms and yelling “Wooooo!” Ashton and McKenzie both laughed. While Ashton pulled Charlie out, McKenzie went back inside their house. She sighed as her parents were still fighting.

            They were so pre-occupied in fighting, they didn’t even notice her walking inside. Her stomach growled. They forgot to feed them again. She walked past her parents and got a box of cereal.

“Hey!” Her father screamed. “That’s mine!”

“Calm down, Honey. It’s okay. I’ll buy you more alright?” Her mom said reassuringly.

“Shut up!” He hit her.

            Her mom collapsed to the ground and McKenzie let out a shriek. Her father yelled at her to go to her room. She ran up to her room and called Ashton.

“Hey, Ashton.” She spoke quickly. “You have to sneak up to your room. It’s…father again.”

“Alright, thanks. I love you.”

“Love you too, bye.”

  ~~~

            “Yo.” Charlie called after Ashton.

Ashton didn’t feel like talking to anyone then. “Um, the bells gonna ring. We should head to class now.”

“What’s wrong? Parents…again?”

Ashton just nodded. Not really sure how to respond.

“Well, if you ever need a hook up, you know how to get me.” Charlie slapped Ashton on the back and bolted to his next class.