Freedom quest: Tales of the Freedom hunters ™ ® Episode 1

Episode 1 Birthday surprise attack!

 Chapter 1

There are many tales in the region of Ashfall but the one known the most is the story of the freedom hunters. This tale began hundreds of years ago with in the age of the knights, at that time the Great War was still happening. The evil tyrant that claimed himself king over Ashfall was called the ash king, he and his army of dark knights had declared war against the defenceless people of Ashfall. The war went on for years, blood of the innocents and rebels flooded the streets, many had fought back but of course was no match for the dark knights. Till one day 5 warriors arose from the shadows, these 5 brave Rebels of light, dark, magic, strength and agility fought their way towards the king. After only a few hours of duelling with the dark knights they finally made it to the castle palace. There the king sat ready to be denied his victory but what the heroes didn’t know is that the king’s crown was infused with an ancient evil that made the beholder invincible but unable to control the truly magnificent power within. But the hero’s knew what they had to do, there was only one way they could stop the king and that was by trapping the king, his men and the heroes in the crown. While the 4 heroes fought against the king the mage hero of magic was casting a spell to end this war once and for all, and with that there was a bright blue light and everyone disappeared including the kings knights. That night the king’s palace burnt down to a crisp and as for the freedom hunters they were never seen again but some say the blood of the freedom hunters live on to this very day and the crown...of...the ash king… 

KOMARU: Erm well… thanks for that Granma but... have you got my birthday present now?

Komaru was a very happy and enthusiastic child and was never afraid to be brave and be himself. He was a bit tanned and had short greyish hair which matched with his grey eyes.

GRANMA: Hahaha, Komaru even doe your 17 today you still haven’t changed one bit.

KOMARU: Hahaha yea but seriously Granma, my present?

GRANMA: Yes yes don’t worry I’ve brought your present.

She takes out a small brown bag, slightly heavy and hands it over to Komaru. He looks at it weirdly.

KOMARU: What is it?

GRANMA: Why don’t you open it and see.

Komaru opens the bag very slowly and pulls out a small silver medal that had a shining light engraved on it. Even doe it was years old it was shiny and bright as if it was newly made.

KOMARU: A medal?

GRANMA: Yes, that has been handed down in our family for years, it was said that before the hero of light rode off into battle he handed the medal over to someone very close too him.

KOMARU: Wow you mean the hero of light from the freedom heroes?!

GRANMA: Freedom Hunters and Yes my mother handed it down to me after her mother handed it down her and now it’s your turn to look after it, so it’s very important that you don’t lose this ok?

KOMARU: Ok Granma.

GRANMA: Great I’m glad we got that settled. Oh yea I forgot to tell you smithy was looking for you, you better make your way down to the blacksmiths now.

KOMARU: Oww goodie I bet he has a gift for me as well.

Komaru left his hut and took a stroll through hearts village. A quiet little village full of nice happy folk. Along the way people greeted Komaru wished him a happy birthday and smothered him with gifts. He arrived at the blacksmiths. Smithy was the local blacksmith; he made the villages weapons and amours. He was a tall meaty ginger man with a heavy beard.