CH 23

The following Sunday, Naomi called back and practically begged Heidi to meet her for dinner. So, here they sat at a candle lit table in one of Heidi’s favorite Italian restaurants. Soft music mixed with the light chatter of the patrons as the appetizing aroma of Italian food fueled her appetite. The restaurant was a small family owned affair that focused on atmosphere and good food. Most of the tables were already taken and soon there would be a waiting list that would continue to grow until late in the evening.

Heidi sipped her wine and admired how beautiful Naomi looked tonight. She was stunning in a low cut maroon dress with a necklace and bracelet that added just the right amount of flash to set off the outfit. No matter how Heidi tried, she couldn’t stop liking this girl. Naomi had an irresistible aura of raw, animal, sex appeal.

They had hit it off from the very first when Bob introduced them. Bob Harris wasn’t in the CIA but he was a former NASA employee that Naomi occasionally went out with. He was teaching science at the same school as Naomi now and had talked Naomi into joining them on one of their outings to a local swinger club.

Naomi had been a little shy at first, but she relaxed after realizing that no one was going to act uncouth toward her or pressure her into doing something she felt uncomfortable about. By the end of the evening, she was enjoying the festivities as much as anyone. After that, she and Naomi had become very close in a short period of time.

“That’s a lovely bracelet,” Heidi gestured to the bright band around Naomi’s wrist, “Is it new?”

Naomi’s face lit up. “Yes, do you like it?” She held out her arm for a better view.

Heidi ran her fingers over the bracelet tracing the intricate design until she felt a sharp tingling on her fingers and instinctively pulled her hand away almost knocking over her glass of wine in the process.

“What’s wrong?” Naomi said.

“You didn’t feel that?” Heidi rubbed her fingers. The tingling sensation was slowly fading.

“Feel what?”

Heidi pointed at the offending jewelry. “Your bracelet bit me.”

“Oh, sorry must have been static electricity,” Naomi said. “I’ll try not to scuffle my feet anymore.”

“Anyway, it looks great on you. Where’d you get it?”

Naomi leaned forward and whispered, “Tom gave it to me. He’s become very powerful and is living a whole new life. That’s what I want to talk to you about.”

Heidi’s eyes drifted to Naomi’s exposed cleavage. Unfortunately, her trip to deliver her report was tomorrow on the red-eye, so late night activities was not an option. She squirmed in her seat, Naomi did look so delicious tonight, but duty called.

Naomi went on in a hushed voice, “He’s involved with some very important matters and has asked me to start working with him.”

She pulled her attention back to what Naomi was saying. “I thought he was an engineer for a small company.”

“Not anymore.” Naomi leaned even closer. “He’s working on his own now doing international troubleshooting.”

“I see. Is that like an environmental James Bond?” she said jokingly.

Naomi arched her eyebrows and then winked. “Sure… he chases industrial polluters in Europe and Asia and has a license to clean.”

“It sounds exciting. Are you going to be Miss Moneypenny and give him his clean up assignments?” Heidi said.

At that point, Naomi reached over and pinched her side. Heidi giggled and pushed her hand away from her ticklish ribs.

Naomi gave her a stern look. “Listen jerk, this is serious. Tom’s doing great things and I’m going to help him.”