Foster Home Diaries

Chapter 1

Alexa’s POV

I was sitting in my room waiting for my life to change completely and there was nothing I could do about it. My parents decided I needed to be around more people other than my usual social group so the opened our five bedroom home to five foster kids, how exciting. They already have one little brat, my little brother,  that I can’t stand and they want to add more, like really. I can tell this is really going to suck, big time. I hate sharing and they are making me share a room with some other girl. My own territory is being invaded, it’s bad enough that they are coming into my house but they have to take over my private space.

“Alexa, Noah we’re back come downstairs” mom called in an excited tone.

“Coming” I replied not sounding very enthusiastic.

I could hear Noah running down the stairs, I took my sweet time. I really didn’t want to meet these kids but I guess I had no choice. I got to the bottom of the stairs to see ten eyes looking at me. The first  girl was standing to the left she had big brown doe like eyes, with long dark brown hair and a smile that spread from cheek to cheek. The next  pair of eyes were a sweet hazel but yet there was a wall not letting me see any deeper into them and his tough exterior, beside him was a boy with shaggy light brown hair and light brown eyes to match his crooked smile. i looked down because of the height difference to see a small freckled face with dark brown eyes and a toothy smile. The last girl to the right had short cut hair, and dimples in her cheek while bright blue eyes.  All ten eyes were staring at my brother and I, waiting for an introduction. 

“Hey I’m Alexa” I introduced my self

“Aria” said a girl who stood on the left, as she shook my hand.

“Brennan” said a very well dressed guy. He looked as if he was brooding but  he did wave.

“I’m Carter” said the kind  was kinda cute guy,  not like hot cute like a friends little brother cute his southern accent made him rustic jock.

“Mackenzie, Mac or Kenzie, depending on the day, today I’’m Kenzie” said last girl.

“Good to know” I replied putting on a fake smile.

“I’m Jake” I looked down at this little ten year old boy, , he smiled up at Carter like he was the best person in world .

“Alexa, Noah why don’t you guys show them around the house?”

“OKAY!”  Noah exclaimed.

“Yeah alright.”  I agreed  “Lets start upstairs I guess” I said as I led them up the stairs

“Jake this is our room, and our bathroom is connected to through this door pointing to the door beside the closet i cleared half the closet for you to and you can even play with all my toys! Noah stated excitedly.

“Thats awesome Noah, thank you.”

“Noah, how about you and Jake play in here while I  show the older kids their rooms?” I suggested.

“Okay Lexie”

“I’ll come get you guys when we are ready to show the rec room” I explained.

“Okay”

“The room next to Noah and Jakes room is Brennan and Carter’s”

I opened the door and we all walked in

“ Two beds, a desk, tv, video games and your bathroom is through here” I showed them  as I opened the door

“What’s that door? questioned Carter

“Well... that would be Kenzie’s room it use to be mom and dad’s room and is connected to both mine and the guys bathroom. We gave Kenzie her own room because we weren’t sure what she is comfortable with.”

“Okay, thats cool that that you guys thought about that.”

I opened the door to Kenzie’s room.

“Kenzie this is your room has a bed desk Tv and other stuff and the girls bathroom is through here” I opened the door..

“Wow this is amazing look at that tub!” shouted Aria excitedly.

“And this is our room” I opened the door

“The purple side is yours, you have a dresser, a desk, and places to put your stuff.” I explained

“Okay cool, who decorated this room?”

“My mom and I”  I stated.

“It’s way cool, I love the rugs they suit the decor perfectly”

“Let’s go get the others and I’ll show you guys our rec room.” I stated to the older kids.“Time to see the rec room” I called In  matter of seconds Noah and Jake  met up with us in the hallway.

“This is our rec room, video games, pool, foosball, air hockey, fridge, Tv and couch”

“Holy cow” Jake exclaimed as he wandered around the room

“This is awesome I have never been in a foster home like this before”

“Me either” Replied Jake

“Same for me” Brennan added

“Yeah me too” Kenzie said as she looked around

“We really can eat and drink in here? Jake questioned

“Yep, as long as we clean up and follow the rules and do our chores” Noah explained

“Dinner!” Mom yelled

We all ran to the kitchen on the island there was salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, ground beef, cheese sour cream hard and soft taco shells.

“Yay Tacos!!!” Jake said excitedly

We all prepared our tacos and sat down to eat.

“Shall we say grace”. Dad suggested, we all nodded held hands and bowed our heads

“Lord thank you for another meal and thank you for bring these kids in our life and into our home

Amen”

“Amen” We all repeated my father.

“After dinner we will go through the chores and rules of the house.”

“Mrs. Parker?’’ Jake questioned

“Jake you can call me Steph and you can call Mr. Parker Dan if that makes you more comfortable that goes for all of you kids”.

“Okay” replied Jake

The others nodded in approval.