Legacy

"Remember, it needs guts to be strong, because being strong also means having big responsibilities. The responsibilities to take care ourselves and people around us."

...

"Tomo, let's go home!" called Tohya cheerfully.

"Yeah, wait a minute," tomo quickly get his things and put it inside his school bag.

"Glad to see you doing fine, Tohya. tomo was so gloomy when you aren't around," said Aki, one of tomo's classmates. Tohya laughed foolishly at tomo.

"Don't worry tomo, I promise I won't ever leave you," Tohya hugged him from the back.

The Students were smiling seeing the two cheerful brothers. They knew how close the brothers were. Even though they were in different grade, but they were always seen together. It's either tomo or Tohya who would come to each other's class. Because of their cheerful nature, people love to be around them.

"Let's go, Tohya!" called tomo to Tohya who was goofing with tomo's friend. He waved good bye. Just then came up Satoshi.

"Going home so early?" asked Satoshi. There were three other students standing behind him. They were known as Satoshi's loyal group.

"It's none of your business," said tomo coldly walk away.

"So you're treating me like that now?" Satoshi rudely grab tomo's arm. Tohya stared at both of them. As far as he knows, Satoshi and tomo were quite close. Both of them like to hang out together that made tomo rarely spending time at home. But, things have changed for a reason that Tohya doesn't know.

"You really got the nerve to talk like that to Satoshi," said Riku, one of the three. tomo look at the other two, Makoto and Shuichi. They often skipped classes just to walk around, with nothing to do. tomo doesn't quite agree when they started to targeting students from another school. Then at the same time, tomo lost his parents in a tragic accident, made him permanently left the group.

"Move out if you don't have any business with me," said tomo feeling fed up remembering the past. Satoshi hold back Riku from going against tomo.

"There's something we want to talk with you, in private," Satoshi looked at Tohya who's still beside tomo.

"You can say it here. I won't go anywhere with you. I won't leave Tohya," said tomo firmed.

"Hoooo...Are you playing as family now?" mocked Riku. tomo almost move against him, if Tohya hasn't hold him. tomo viciously looked at Riku who awkwardly grinned. He still remember how good tomo when he fight.

"Okay, your brother can also come," said Satoshi. Tohya tightly hold tomo's arm, giving him sign to just leave, but tomo slowly blow a sigh.

"Okay," said tomo. Tohya looked worried. tomo patted his head. "Don't worry nothing would happen. Let's see what they want, then we go home, okay?" But Tohya couldn't agree 100% with tomo. He felt something bad would happen. Satoshi lead the way, followed by tomo and Tohya, while the other three were walking behind with a hidden vicious smile.

...

"No! Stop it! Let him go! Please! tomo!!" cried out Tohya. He's trying hard to break free from Makoto and Shuichi's blocking. In front of him, tomo was badly beaten by Satoshi and Riku.

tomo and Tohya followed Satoshi to an old abandoned warehouse. It was the place where they used to hang out together. Satoshi told tomo about their great times and the crazy yet pleasure things they had done. tomo ignored him and demanded what he wanted to talk. In the sudden, Makoto and Suichi grabbed and dragged Tohya away. tomo tried to catch Tohya when Satoshi hit him with a block of wood from the back. tomo fall to the ground, quickly punched and kick by Satoshi and Riku. Tohya shouts asking the group to stop. Satoshi pulled tomo's hair and stared at his face.