The One Where Harry and Whytnie Talk (Book Two)

{A/N: Sorry I Didn't Proof Read}

(Somewhere Between Part Nineteen and Part Twenty)

(Whytnie’s POV)

“Hey, babe,” Harry whispered as he sat on the couch beside me. There was a huge smile on his face, but his eyes looked tired. Well, he’s had a long day. “Whatcha watching?”

            “You know, when I let you have a key to my hotel room, I didn’t mean for you to walk in unannounced while I’m inside,” I imply. He just gives me this sheepish look before I can’t breathe because his arms around me are so tight. As he kisses the top of my head, he finally releases enough for me to breathe. “So how was work?”

            Shrugging, his eyes turn to stare blankly at the TV. “Work was work. Fun and exciting.” The way he made it sound didn’t reassure me. “It’s just that I missed you all day.”

            Rolling my eyes, I tell him, “You’re overdramatic.” He still won’t meet my eyes.

            “So how was lunch?” Oh, great. Here we go. “He at least paid, right?” Oh, great, here comes the crazy-jealous side. Man, I was just looking forward to this conversation. “And what’d you do afterwards?” Oh, so he had heard the rumors. Fantastic.

            Sitting up, I prepare myself mentally for this conversation. “I hung out with Emily and Caleb,” I reply and shrug, staring at the TV like it was the most amazing thing in the world. Now he was staring at me, I could feel his eyes as my face starts burning. Well, I didn’t even do anything wrong! “We did some girl things, nothing important.”

            “Now we’re lying to each other? Since when is that okay?”

            Sighing, I look up at him. “I can’t tell you, I know that we’re not supposed to hold anything back, but I promise that I will. When the time is right. You have to trust me.” My eyes plead him to understand. A few minutes of awkward silence pass before he finally sighs and closes his eyes as he leans back on the couch.

            “I trust you.” He takes a deep breath before opening his eyes to stare at the TV, looking even more tired than before. “So what have you been watching?”

            “Surprised you didn’t already know.” I snuggle in closer to him and smile as he lets me. His arms wrap around me and I feel content and nothing was going to ruin this moment. Well, until he realized−

            “Wait! We’re watching this again?”

(Harry’s POV)

“He’s what!?!” I exclaimed. Whytnie’s eyes almost bugged out and I quickly regret yelling because I know how much she hates it. “Sorry,” I say quickly. “What did you just say?”

            “Caleb’s staying in London.”

            “What? Why?”

            “He’s actually going to go back to school with me.”

            “Please tell me that−”

            “He is.”

            “He’s what?!?” I know I’m making a big deal out of this, but I feel like this is a big deal. Why was Caleb back? Why couldn’t he harass some other girl back in New York where he said he was going to be? And why did Whytnie look guilty? Was there something she wasn’t telling me? Please me that−

            “He’s my new roommate.” She flinched and took a step back, not meeting my eyes. Well, I guess it was that bad. Again. Why doesn’t he just cut me open and take out my heart and stab it repeatedly? It feels like he’s doing that anyway!

            Sighing, I let my face fall into my hands. “I’m sorry. I know I’m overreacting…”

            “Just a little.” I look down at her and pull her closer.

            “Let me make up for it?”

            “Depends on what you had in mind.” I don’t answer, instead I kiss her. She kisses me back with as much intensity as I had. When we break apart, she’s breathing hard. “You’re gonna need more than that.”

            “Like what?”

            “You’ll think of something,” she teases and then walks into the next room while I stare after her. Man, am I up for the challenge.