Chapter 22- Sophie

Chapter 22: Sophie

I woke up to a gentle breeze blowing softly on my face. I opened my eyes to bright sunlight flooding in through an open window. I heard the sound of waves lapping the beach gently. It was a nice, relaxing sound. I sat up, staring out the window to my right. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I smiled, closing my eyes and enjoying the breeze.

My eyes shot open when I remembered the events that happened before I passed out. I looked down to see myself in only a bra and panties. I immediately looked for something to cover up with and found my tank top on the bedside table. I grabbed it and put it on. Where were my pants?

I looked around the room. It was a simple room; a beach-themed room. White furniture, blue walls, a wooden floor, shells hanging off the ceiling, acting as decorations. I threw the blanket off of me and got up off the bed, running to the door. I tried to turn the knob, but it was locked. I tried again and again, desperately trying to open the door. I finally gave up and got an idea. The window was open. Duh, Sophie. Use your head!

I went over to the bed and climbed on top, crawling over to the window. I looked down and felt queasy. I was easily fifty feet up from the sandy ground at the bottom. Well, that plan was a complete fail.

I sat down on the bed and put my back up against the wall next to the window. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them. What was I going to do? I'm trapped here, in a strange room- in a strange house- and there was no way of escaping.

I jumped when I heard footsteps coming from outside the door. I saw shadows from the crack underneath. I slid off the bed as quietly as I could and went over to the bookshelf and grabbed an empty vase. I got more and more nervous every second. I held up the vase into a throwing position when I heard him unlock the door.

He cracked open the door, then he fully opened it. With as much force as I could manage, I threw the vase straight at him. He held up his arm in a defensive position and reflected the vase as if it was just a fly.

"Hey, don't be throwing stuff around, Sophie. You could've hurt me," he said. He looked over at me and smiled, overlooking my whole body. I went over to the bed and wrapped the throw blanket around me. He chuckled and turned around, walking out into the hall again. "I brought you some stuff. Gifts from me."

He turned around again, showing me white and beige shopping bags. "These are for you," he said, setting them on the bed.

"Why am I here?" I demanded. "How did I get here? Where are we?" Question after question came out of my mouth until he finally held up his hand. I stopped talking and glared at him. He sighed.

"I drugged you and brought you here, to our new home. This is your home now, Sophie. You don't have to go back to your old life. You can start a new one, here- with me," he said, hope flickering in his eyes.

"You drugged me? How long was I out? Did you touch me?!" I yelled. Memories from before flooded my mind. Rage welled up inside me. "And you... you kissed me."

He looked disappointed like he'd just been scolded. "I'm sorry, my love. I couldn't help myself," he said, voice filled with guilt.

"You kissed me! I don't even know who you are! What do you want with me? Why the hell am I here?!" I yelled, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"It will all make sense, soon, my dear Sophie," he said gently, walking over to me, hand stretched out. I slapped his hand away and pushed him back.

"Stay away from me! Just leave me alone!" I shouted, pushing him out of the doorway. I slammed it in his face then turned around and put my back to the door. I slid down and pulled my knees to my chest, crying. I heard him on the other side of the door talking.