Chapter 1

Assalamu'alaikum . Please be kind. This is my first writing. I know it may not be as good as the writers here. But Insha Allah (If Allah wills) I will do my best in writing a good story. May Allah bless.

"Nawal! Get down here this instance!" My Mom shouted as I was wearing my hijab and put pins around my head. Okay, firstly I am a slow person, what I mean is that I'm not fast to get myself ready. Who can be ready when you're told half an hour before going out. I am a girl. There's a lot to do to beautify myself!

*Half an hour ago*

I was watching Running Man on tv when my Dad gives salaam and walked into the house. He sit by my side and said, "Aren't you going upstairs and dress up my dear?" Dad smiled. I replied him "Why ?. Then my Mom says "We're going out Nawal, to Uncle Aziz's". To my surprise, why should we go out on week days. And now, I have to get ready for an outing.

So I ran upstairs to my closet and chose a dress, and its my lucky grey baju kurung with little white flowers on it. Then I took the dark plain grey hijab to match with it.

I locked my room and rush down. Not forgetting to switch on the lights in the house. Downstairs, I saw my mother wearing a grey jubah as well, coincidently we're a match couple, like mother like daughter.

Once we've reached to Uncle Aziz's house, I texted my best friends, Hafiz and Ummu. We were supposed to do discussions tonight for our homework. But I briefly told them that I'm going out with my parents.

As far as I could remember, Uncle Aziz is Dad's best friend. They've kept their relationship long. We've always visited each other houses, especially during Hari Raya season as its a yearly celebration. His house is big. They have their own garden at the back of their house. The first time I came here back when I was 7 years old. I was following my dad after he picked me up at school. My dad was sending him a finger food, karipap, my Mom made it as a gift. It is a tradition for my family that whenever my mom baked something, she would share it with our family and friends.

*Snap to present*
We were greeted by both Uncle Aziz and his wife, Aunt 'Aishah. They have only 2 children. The eldest, Amir and his sister, Ayra. Ayra is like a sister to me. Since I am an only child to my parents. My dad always asked me to play with Ayra when we're little. Therefore, I got closer with Ayra. As for his brother, well I've known him as the sweet and protective brother to Ayra and a filial son to his parents. I dont know much about him because we barely talked to each other. I think he is a shy person til now. So, we went in a have dinner together. The food was extravagant! There's a king crab, which is one of my favorite food. The theme is seafood fiesta.

After having our dinner, my mother helped out to clean while having a talk with Aunt 'Aishah, that also includes us. While my dad are enjoying their discussion outside at the garden.

I talked with Ayra about her school, about her next plan. As she have finished her secondary school. And for me to further my study at University. We talked til almost 10pm. That we didnt realize its been quite a long night to us. We've always enjoy the time we spent together. Ayra is like a little sister to me. We've shared quite a lot and liked almost all things.

Okay , sorry to stop. But how do you think my story are? Is it ok ? Do you find it boring or enjoying it? Will continue more later. Insha Allah.