Covered in Black and Blue

With black and blue bruises showing on her body, an eight year old girl sits in her closet, crying. Hiding herself from the rest of the world. More hurt not by the physical punches she endured, but knowing it was her own fathers fists being the one throwing them. I am Cecelia, the nanny of a young girl. Her name is Kaylee, to many, she is Kay-Kay, to me she is Kay, but to her father, that is a different story. Her father doesn't call her by the name he and his used to be wife gave her on the blessed day she was born. He doesn't call her any sort of nickname you usually would see in a father and young daughter relationship. Instead, he calls her child. Once in a while you will hear him call her kid, or girl, or it. But mostly, he calls her child.

Kaylee was born on April 13, 2001. Before that night, I spent the past nine months with her mother. Helping her with whatever she needed, doing some chores, and shopping when she wasnt feeling well. I was told that I would be the nanny for Kaylee until she was no longer needed. The night she was born was one of the happiest days of my life. I knew how much time I would be spending with Kaylee, because her mother worked as a lawyer. One of the best ones around I would say.

Kaylee went home on April 18 with both her mother and father by her side. You could easily tell they were happy, and proud to have a little girl to call theirs.

It was all great as can be until three nights after Kaylee arrived to her new home. Her mother and father went out to celebrate, and on their way back their car met a drunk drivers about five miles away from home. Both of the loving parents were ejected from their vehicle. Kaylee's father landed in a small dirt pit, he passed out, but he was still living.

That night Cindy Lynn Kruug lost her life to a drunk driver. From the time she broke through that car windshield, and hit the solid gravel she had already been dead. Why? She had a heart attack..the only answer the doctors had was she died of fear, which lead to a heart attack. Kaylee Mae Kruug lost her one true role model to a drunk driver on April 18, 2001. The moment I heard what happened I knew, this was officially the worst day of my entire life. Kaylee's life had been changed forever.

---------------------------------------------

Pleaseee! tell me what you think! I neeeed to know!:) Also..the beginning part with the father hitting her and everything i will explain in the next chapter..which i hope you will read!:) So please comment and tell me what you think! :)