[67]. Unexpectedly (Mitobe x Reader)

~Unexpectedly - Mitobe Rinnosuke~

You used to always come to this little coffee place in the suburb since you loved the coffee there. But there was another reason why you always went there, too.

Coming in the shop, you walked over to the counter and smiled at the person who always served you. He smiled back, then wrote down on a piece of paper.

Getting the usual, (Last Name)?

"You know me too well, Mitobe," you grinned and he only smiled back.

Of course, he didn't actually 'know you' know you, but you were a regular customer there and it was always him who served you.

Mitobe's always been that kind of man who was organized and planned everything out. He never let chance make his decisions for him, but it was different when it came to you.

Mitobe watched you until you sat down. You glanced at him and the male quickly turned away, immediately making the coffee. You smiled once you noticed, it was really cute.

Taking your sketchbook out from your bag, you flipped to the page of your sketch and continued to work on it. You started to draw, then heard the ring of a bell.

Looking up, you saw Mitobe wave, signaling that your coffee was ready. You walked up to the counter and thanked him as you took the coffee back to your table.

As you were sketching, you took small glances, trying not to make it obvious, at Mitobe as he was working. Once you were done with your coffee, you packed up your things and headed out.

Mitobe watched as you left the shop and he couldn't help but miss you already. He didn't plan to, but it felt as if he was falling for you. He fell in love with you unexpectedly and maybe you did, too.

You've been coming to the same coffee shop for a bit more than five years already, never getting tired of the same coffee you had or the person who served you.

During those five years, Mitobe had always thought of wanting to say these lovable things to you, he wanted to hold you and kiss you until the end of time, but he didn't know if it would ever happen.

It was nearly the end of the day and more and more people started to leave the place. Mitobe hadn't left yet, since today, he wanted to make something special for you.

The coffee machine poured the coffee in the small cup and Mitobe placed it on the counter table. He grabbed the pitcher of milk and poured it in a zig-zag-y motion.

The former basketball player failed to make the art he wanted and got a bit frustrated, pouring the coffee in the sink and placed the cup there.

Mitobe attempted to do about several arts and tipped them all in the sink. After about the fifth and sixth cup, he finally created a the ones he wanted - a heart and a flower pattern.

The next day, you came back in the coffee place and Mitobe served you the same type of coffee, but with an art of a smiling cat. You started sketching again and left once you finished your coffee.

The day after that, it was the same as usual, but this time, the art that Mitobe had done was a musical note with a little heart inside.

And the day after that day, Mitobe made another art with a bear-like skull on it. Then after that day, he found out something he never thought you would be doing.

You were still working on your sketch at that same spot you sat in and it was Mitobe's turn to clean the tables near you. He awkwardly did his job and tried not to look at you.

You stood up all of a sudden and it startled Mitobe a bit as he started to clean the other side of the table. You walked to the bathroom and the male watched as you left.

He was curious as to what you were doing, and walked closer to your sketchbook. His mouth gaped open a bit and saw a beautiful sketch of him working at the counter.

The door of the bathroom opened and Mitobe immediately knew it was you. Quickly turning his head, he started cleaning the table again, then grabbed the empty cup and left.

During these five years and a bit, he knew that the one he was searching for, has been right here all along; right in front of him and you were the one.

Mitobe started making your coffee and also decided that he was definitely going to do it today. His days of impressing you were done, now he needed to man up and go for it.

Once he was done with the coffee, he rang the bell and you looked up to see Mitobe wave. You walked over to the counter and smiled widely once you saw what was written on the coffee.

Date?

--------------------------------------------
Got the plot from an MV by Jason Chen, "Unexpectedly" and I hope you enjoyed reading, haha.

Also, happy birthday, Mitobe~!

Tried going for a no-dialogue story, but failed. Short bc I did a double update, btw :')

December 3rd, 2015 - Thursday