|7|

Chase

What got into me when I decided to kiss her? It wasn't my wolf, I knew it was my own actions, so what was it?

During the speech my father was giving, he stopped to let what he said sink in with the attendants, then he talked to me for a moment.

He asked if I found my mate. You can't really lie to an Alpha, so I told him yes.

"Have you found your mate son?" My father asked me. I hesitated, thinking of my options: lie or tell him the truth.

"Yes." I answered darting my eyes off of Cassandra.

"Have you marked her?" I shifted my legs uncomfortable with my upcoming answers.

"No."

"Why is that?"

"I don't want her." I gulped at my fathers furious face.

"She is our future Luna! You will mate with her!" He boomed in a silenced tone.

"Father, she isn't good for me-"

"She was born a Luna and that is something you can't control! Think I chose your mother? No! But I love her dearly now." I stayed silent, soaking in the tension. I noticed Cassandra watching our argument from the corner of my eye. I knew she couldn't hear anyway.

"You will mark her by next week and that is final." My father finished. I mentally groaned at his demand. How could I get her to like me in one week?

"One week?!" I panicked.

"It's better to keep her safe before the rogues become a serious threat. That way, you know that in case of my death you and her will be able to take the roles of Alpha and Luna."

Cassandra

The dance is in one day, and I still don't have a dress. Or a date, because somebody is a little oblivious that even though you're dating someone you still have to ask them to dances. Not naming anybody.

"Don't worry, Cassy! We'll find the dress! It just hasn't been in any of these stores yet." Mandy lowered her voice in disappointment at the end of her sentence. I sighed, following the two of my friends into a new dress store.

I took in all the dresses hanging before exploring to hopefully find my dress. I can't believe I let it get this late without having a dress.

And because the moon goddess seemed to realize she's been hard on me lately, my eye caught a striking royal blue dress. It stood out to me from the rest of the dresses, so I picked it out.

I was right after I tried I on. My friends agreed and the price was reasonable.

Sure, there were prettier and sexier dresses out there that I could easily display. But the thing is, I'm not very happy making my mate feel jealous. It makes me feel special, yeah, but I can't imagine what he is going through with his wolf, and I feel guilty.

While waiting in line I felt a jiggle on my purse. At first I thought I was being robbed, but when I turned there was nobody behind me. I'm just paranoid.

"So I got my dress for the dance tomorrow." I hinted, walking hand in hand with Palmer through the woods. It was sunset, the perfect timing for a dance proposal. Palmer chuckled and stopped.

"I have my suit." He joked, but he didn't understand I wasn't kidding. When he saw the serious expression on my face he wiped his joking look off and continued walking, holding my hand in silence.