Chapter 33

--Olly's POV--

I woke up to the sound of a rather irritating beeping alarm clock, which was weird. I don't remember setting it.

I groaned, rolling over into an empty space and practically punching the alarm clock so it would stop beeping. I grabbed my phone that was sitting next to the clock and rolled over on my back again, unlocking my phone and checking the time.

6 am, why am I  up so early? Whatever, I can't go back to sleep now. So I tucked my phone in my pajama pants' pocket and climbed out of bed. I grabbed a random shirt, which happened to be one of my Manchester United jerseys, from the closet and threw it on as I made my way down the hallway and into the kitchen.

Sitting on the counter was a handwritten note, so I walked over and picked it up and started to read.

"Happy birthday, birthday boyyyy! 26 now? Jeez, grandpa. ;) I just went out to get a few things, I'm coming back with Faye, too. I have a surprise for you! I'll see you soon, I love you. Skylar xx"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent Skylar a quick text.

"Already making grandpa jokes now, are we? I think we would need kids for that ;) Love you too xx"

I walked back down the hallway with my phone in my hand and plopped on the couch, turning on the TV and flicking through the channels. Within minutes I got a new text.

"There could be a way you could be a grandpa without kids, you never know. Science is weird. xx"

"Oh really? When you find a way let me know. x"

"Will do. See you soon xo"

==========

Eventually, soon came and Skylar and Faye walked through the door laughing. I jumped up from the couch as they both wished me a happy birthday.

"Go get ready." Skylar told me, kissing me quickly before setting her shopping bags on the table.

"Ooh, what's in the bags?" I asked, opening the first one. Skylar pushed me away and told me to go get ready, so I just laughed and walked down the hall.

I changed my pants and grabbed a pair of shoes, not bothering to change out of my jersey. Faye and Skylar just looked at each other and giggled when I came walking out with the jersey still on for some unknown reason, but I just shrugged it off and tried to look through the shopping bags again.

"No, you'll see later." Skylar told me, taking the bags off of the counter and walking outside, probably to load them in the car.

I looked at Faye, and she just shrugged even though she probably knew well what was going on. 

"C'mon." Faye tugged at my arm, and before I knew it we were driving to some destination unknown to me. 

==========

"How much longer?" I begged.

"Seriously, Olly, you're acting like an eight year old." Faye looked through the reer view mirror and stared at me. 

 "I'm eight at heart." I replied, then burst out into laughter. I've been asking the same question for the last hour with no response from either Skylar or Faye. Faye was driving, so her excuse was "Not telling you, I need to concentrate on the road." Skylar didn't have an excuse, she'd just smile at me and let out a small giggle. 

"I'm hungry, I didn't get to eat breakfast." I complained, then looked next to me at Skylar who was silently laughing to herself. She then reached into the open space at the back of Faye's small minivan and grabbed a bag of crisps. "Here, happy chewing." She chucked the bag at me. 

"Wow, you came prepared." I said, opening the bag of crisps. "Dating you, you sort of learn to plan ahead." 

==========

After various radio stations skipped, songs sung, and bags of crisps eaten, we finally arrived at a building that I know all too well. 

"We aren't... Are we?!" I asked, scrambling out of the car like a little kid who arrived at their new friends house. 

"We are." Skylar confirmed, handing me a ticket to see Manchester United play a home game at Old Trafford. 

"Thank you!" I pulled Skylar into a hug which she returned. 

Faye said her goodbyes, and that she'll see me later on tonight because she wasn't interested in football like me and my parents were, then we set off to enter to huge arena/staduim. 

We handed the ticket guy our tickets, grabbed a program, and found our seats.

"I still can't believe it.. How did you manage to do this?" I asked.

"Sarah." She simply responded, and I laughed. Sarah can arrange anything, and I mean it. I don't know how she does it, but thank god she does. 

 --Skylar's POV--

Olly was right, he was eight at heart. First, he wouldn't shut up in the car, and now he wont shut up about the game. It was cute to watch him ramble on about the players, though. He would tell me random statistics that I'll probably never remember, like how many goals his favorite player scored, or who was the top player for the team this season. His eyes would light up whenever Manchester United would bring the ball anywhere near the opposing goal. I don't know what he was happier about, the fact that he was here, or the fact that Man U had a 2 goal lead.

After the game was over, Olly stood up and stretched his arms.

"They won!" He said excitedly, sitting back down so he could wait for the mess of people around us to leave.

"That's not all to your surprise." I said, smiling just thinking about what was next to come.

"Hmm?" Olly raised his eyebrows.

"C'mon, I'll show you." I stood up and grabbed Olly's arm as I started to make my way past all of the slow walkers in front of me. Olly didn't have the slightest clue where we were going, but boy, he'll be happy when we get there.