Stranded

Hi guys!

I just came back from my vacation and I wrote this prologue on in the car. It's an idea that I came up with when I was on a cruise myself and well I just hope everybody likes it. Besides I'm addicted to vampires, so I thought I would give this story a try. 

This is only the prologue and I have to admit it's quite boring, but it's necessary for the story. I just have to say that only the prologue is written this way. The rest of the story will be "I". If

you understand what I mean.

This also doesn't mean I'm going to give up on Undisclosed Desires. This is just a story I'm going to do as well. 

Well I hope you'll enjoy it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

 18th of July, 2001

A young vampire walked along the dirty remains of what once was a path. All his senses were heightened, nostrils flared as he followed a scent. A scent he simply couldn’t resist. It made his throat ache and all his muscles tense.

He passed a deer with her youngling, but they were of no importance to him. They held no appeal. He was completely focused on the scent that was within ten miles from him. 

With every step he took, his thirst became heavier and heavier, until the point where he almost turned around to be released of this torture. But he kept walking. This blood was too good to be ignored. 

The vampire had never known blood could be so tempting. He hadn’t realised he wouldn’t be able to keep up his diet of animals. Blood had never been important to him. He could easily push down the burning in the back of his throat. Until he walked across the daycare in Georgetown. There he smelled it. It was so rich and sweet. He had immediately turned around and followed the trail the scent left behind.

After walking for twenty minutes — the vampire didn’t use his super-speed — the path parted into three different roads. 

He took a deep breath, welcoming the burning in his lungs. He enjoyed knowing it would soon be sedated by the blood gliding through his throat. The thought of it made the venom pool in his mouth. He quickly swallowed it and inhaled again in order to decide which path he had to take.

It turned out to be the path on his right hand. There were rays of sun on this one, while all the other roads lay in the shadows of the forest. The vampire smirked slightly, it was as if the forces of nature tried to show him the way.

His legs brought him deeper into the forest, until he came across a clearing. In the middle stood a small house. It was such a strange place for a home, so isolated from the rest of the world. Not the place most humans would choose. But it was perfect for him. 

He stepped into the clearing, only hearing the sniffles of a little girl when he was 100 feet away from her. She had a little cut in her finger, and blood swelled up at the gash. It made the impact of her scent a thousand times bigger. It hit him like bomb. The scent was so much stronger than the trail she’d left behind. 

The vampire bit his lip, trying to maintain his self-control. After looking at the girl for a couple of minutes, he felt his fangs pierce his skin and blood ran in little droplets over his chin. But he didn’t bother to wipe away the red liquid. The only thing he was interested in now was the little girl.

She had a very thin skin and with his sharp eyes he could easily see the thin, blue veins in her wrists and small hands. He could imagine the blood running through it. Her pulse beat in her slim neck. Her so easily breakable neck. He felt his muscles tense. She was so soft, so young.