A Chance To Fall

A Chance To Fall

She was ready to fly. She wanted to fly so far until she broke the surface of the water underneath the bridge. She looked downward and there it was. This was her escape; her future. She was ready to fall and abandon all her worries. But, most of all the memories. Her memories, or nightmares she liked to call them, haunted her everyday and every night. There was no beginning to them and no end. Until, she began to relive them and she couldn’t take it anymore. She wanted out and this was the way to go. There was no turning back now and there was nothing worth leaving behind.

She had lost everything at a young age. She lost her family, the love, the warmth, and her life. All of it disappearing in the thick air like the exhaust from a truck disappearing in the wind. There was no longer a reason to live and giving up was her choice.

So there she was, on top of the bridge looking down at her fate. Looking her fate in the eye and putting her foot down. This was her only choice. This was how it was going to end.

And she accepted it.

There was nothing stopping her from leaving and just as she was about too, she heard it. She could hear her name miles away being yelled by some random in the crowd. She thought she would go unnoticed. No one would know she was gone and there would be no trace of her ever standing on this ledge. She knew she was running out of time so she prepared for the leap and fell.

At least that was what was intended. She was ready to feel the wind pushing against her skin as she flew down thousands and thousands of feet towards the water.

But, she didn’t feel that. Instead, she felt a hand reach out and grab a hold of her and she realized she hadn’t even leaped. She was so close until the random from the crowd shouting her name ruined it. She didn’t know if the person shouting her name was the one to pull her back, but she knew she was going to give either one hell. 

She turned around, and didn’t expect to see him out of everyone possible.

***********************************************************************************

Dedication to JessGirl93 because her "Bad Boy's Girl" is one of the best books I've read on Wattpad and fell in love with. Go check her out! You wont regret it!

COMMENT. VOTE. PLEASE? LOVE YOU!

STAY ACTIVE, LIZ