Dance

It's the second month of college. They're starting to put out clubs for students to join now. The Dance club caught my eye first. I've been dancing since I was four. It's in my blood. I grabbed and walked off to class.

After classes were over, I rushed back to my dorm to get ready for Dance Club tryouts. I freshened up and put on some gray joggers and light gray cookie monster shirt. I fixed my hair into a high ponytail and set out the door. I walked into the auditorium and grabbed a number. I was number 5. Good, that  means I won't have wait long.
I was pretty confident until I saw the judges. It was Brittany, Tiffany, (and thank goodness) Santo.

Loud Speaker: Number 5!

I got really nervous, but I decided that I'm just gonna do what I know how to do best.
The music came on and I danced the routine I learned in high school. (See video for routine ☝)
I killed it and everyone loved it.  I got off stage and walked back to my seat; getting lots of high fives on the way there. After the 30th dancer went up, I got tired and started to walk back to my dorm.

Santo: hey! Yn! Wait!
Yn: what?
Santo: You did great! I don't think I've ever seen someone dance as good as you!
Yn: yea thanks....but shouldn't you be in there now....you know........judging?
Santo: oh yea. *runs back*

I felt pretty good about the dance club. The only thing standing in my  way now is Brittany and her little sidekick.....or should I say side trick.
******************************************************
Professor O'Brian assigned a 3 page essay *  rolls eyes * how wonderful.
Lunch actually went good for me. Brittany and Tiffany didn't come to lunch. They were too busy deciding who would make it in to dance club. Unfortunately, that meant Santo wasn't there either. He might be a potential friend, but I need to get to know him first. After I finished my salad, I decided to start on my essay. The topic was to write a passage about a historic woman's life, but the twist was you had to write it through her eyes. I chose Cleopatra, mainly because I already know a lot on her life, and because I love studying Ancient Egypt.

Brittany: hey monkey face! You got lucky and made the club. You better be glad bae was there or else I would've booted you off.
Yn: whatever
Brittany: who you think you talking to pickle nose?!
Yn: pickle nose? Really is that the best you can do or are you really that childish?
Brittany: hmmm challenge accepted.
Yn: what?
Brittany: *slaps yn really hard across the face* And that's not even the best I can do. *sashays off*
Yn: * holding her face* can't stand her.