Awkward Encounters Induce Epic Hysteria

"Here comes the rain again Falling from the stars Drenched in my pain again Becoming who we are"

It was the day after the dog incident, and Jake had a greed to do a daily checkup at the Apollo cabin. So, right before lunch he pulled on a pair of jeans and converse, grabbed a red shirt, and walked to the Apollo cabin. On his way over, he noted that he needed to get a new car, seeing that his old one was somewhere in Alaska, and he was /no/ gonna fly there then drive the car back when he could just get a new one. He knocked on the door. He waited then heard footsteps, and then the door opened. Jake, used to either laying down, or being with Kyle, who was almost his height, looked straight forward when the door opened. He paused for a second, then tilted his head down. A whole foot below him was aura. The small redheaded daughter of Apollo who doubled as a goddess of eight different things. She tripled as Jake's sister's new best friend/ kind-of-ex-girlfriend. "Oh. I'm here to see one of your siblings for a checkup..." He said, trailing off awkwardly. He felt like he was going on a date with a new girl and when the new girl's door opened, he found out that aura was her roommate. So much awkward. She stood in the doorway, and he wasn't sure if he should take a step back or try to squeeze into
the Apollo cabin living room. He decided on the first.
"yeah. no. you're seeing me. the others are all out for capture the flag. you're stuck with me," she mumbled, stepping aside so he could come in. despite her previous dwindling, she had pulled herself back together for the most part. she was clean, her hair now curled and framing her face, a tad shorter. she wore a gray sweater that fell slightly off of her left shoulder and red leggings, gold bracelets that matched her eyes, which were between sharp and frantic. as previously said, she was in decent health, though it was obvious she had missed out on a few of her pills. she was unsure of how she felt about this. there was a sese of nostalgia there that wanted things as they had been a year ago, though the larger part, the pissed off part, knew that that wasn't coming back. "this way," aura said, quickly looking away and leading him to a room full of chairs that were similar to dentist chairs, but they did the job fine enough. her red curls bounced slightly as she walked.
Jake tried not to think about it, but aura being here- no, /him/ bing in the Apollo cabin, going to room with chairs that looked like they where set for murder, it put him on edge. Based on the looks of it, he doubted Aura had left her cabin much. He doubted she even realized it was the middle of summer. Sure she could pass for healthy, but Jake could probably also pass for sane. Neither of those things where true. He just felt uncomfortable back at camp, and something weird had happened to him while away, although he couldn't quite pinpoint it. He sat down in one of those chairs and clenched each hand down at the arm rest, waiting.
aura took a metal tray and set it beside his chair. "do you care if i stick random objects in your body or should i tell you what i'm doing as i do it?" she asked,prepping some items on the tray. a thermometer, a syringe, a light, a small rubber mallet, and a stethoscope, which she put on her neck. she pulled her curls back into a ponytail as she took a quick inventory.
"What you you think?" He said a bit more snappy that he should have. "Wait- I thought you where gonna see if I was mentally stable, not give me a physical." He questioned, looking at everything on the tray in confusion.
aura winced at his tone, still growing sensative to such outbursts thanks to her lyssa genes kicking in. "i'm doing as i was told, which was to check in on your health and make sure everything was running right. plus, do you really think they would let someone related to the goddess of insanity and descending from a line of suicides check in on a patients metality?" she said quietly, not looking at him. "i need to take your temperature," she said a tad anxiously, walking over to him with the thermometer.
"That's why I was confused he said as she stepped towards him. She seemed nervous to him. As if one bad move and she'd shatter like ice or burn like fire. Regardless, he didn't know how he felt about this specific person doing medical exams on him. He knew she knew what she was doing, but maybe she knew a little too well, and would end up poisoning him instead. In an irritated huff, he opened his mouth, with a demeaning set to his jaw.
she placed a frail finger on his chin, tilting his head slightly, then placed the thermometer in his mouth. "close," she said, then took a shaky breath as she waited for the thermometer to adjust. she checked the number and turned so her back was facing him and wrote his temperature down on a notepad with shaking hands. "uh... height and weight is next," she said quietly. "if you'd follow me, please," she said, walking towards a door that ledto a smaller room that had supplies, medicine, a sink, a scale, and a measuring tape tacked to a wall.
As he walked into the room he said "six four, one-thirty-two." He was about twenty pounds underweight, but while he was in Tartarus, all he'd have to eat each day was a small chunk of monster meet, /if/ they where lucky. Reddish grey meat, with black spots all over, and oozing green goo. Disgusting. Plus all the walking. And all the fighting. If he lost /that/ much weight, he could only imagine who Kyle was. Last he heard, he was having surgery on his broken wing.
aura looked at him. "still have to follow procedure," she said in a bland voice. "shoes off,"  she said, playing with a loose string on her sweater.
Jake pulled of his converse, dropping his keys and phone into the soles, so as not to add extra weight, he walked towards a measuring tape painted onto the wall. "Are you even all enough to get to the top of my head?" He asked without thinking.
aura started to smile slightly, then remembered that things were different and he wasn't joking around with her. she levitated slightly above the ground. . "back to the wall," she mumbled, grabbing the pad and moving over.
He pressed his back against the line where the numbers where printed on, straitening his shoulders, neck and spine. He might have just been getting a checkup, but he still liked doing this part first. Just to sow aura he was still the same guy as before, mainly the whole, I'm not afraid of anything, and I can stop anything that gets in my way, thing.
aura went up to check his height, then scribbled it down. "yup. still tall as hell," she mumbled, returning to the ground to where she was a foot shorter and walking over to the scale.
He followed, stepping onto the platform, a digital number showed up between his feet "132" it said in that weird blocky digital text. He waited for her to scribble it down on her pad before stepping off the scale. "What's next doc?" He asked in a way that wasn't so much friendly as it was just down right sarcastic.
aura lead him out of the room. "i need you to take your shirt off..." she said, shifting awkwardly between her feet.
"Uh... Why- don't answer that." He said, pulling off his red t shirt. Though he was still muscular, a lot of muscle had been burned out of him. From his lack of eating. Once he was cleared fir bring same, he'd probably take a mini fridge down to the basement, and fill it with food, then just work out till he went crazy, which according to one of Aura's brothers, would be quite soon actually.
"i swear, you need to spend a week on the couch with an endless supply of potato chips..." she said quietly, though she definitely wasnt one to be talking, placing the stethoscope on his chest. she couldnt help but blush lightly. she hated this.
Jake saw her cheeks turn pink, and closed his eyes. "Just tell me when to breath." Damn, why'd it have to be aura. He would've preferred Thomas more than her. Because even then he wouldn't have made it so awkward. He would just push the stethoscope to his chest and say "you're hearts still beating. Something's wrong." And it would've been funny. With aura, it might just be scary if she said that.
she swallowed. "breathe," she said. after repeating this, moving the stethescope with each breath, she nodded. "now all thats left is the blood test," she said, looking slightly relieved that that part was over.
Jake decided it'd be best if he put his story back on, so he did. And his shoes. Then he sat down in the chair, and stretched his arm out, for Aura to insert the needle. He wasn't sure why, but this part was making him feel a slight bit anxious. It wasn't that he was afraid of needles or anything, yet he still had that odd feeling inside him.
aura grabbed a syringe of the tray and walked over to him, wiping his arm with a small wipe, finding a vein, and inserting the needle, taking just the right amount of blood. but... something wasn't right. this couldn't be jakes blood... jake bled golden ichor... instinctively, she figured that somehow this was some monster pretending to be jake. "what the hell??" she hissed with wide eyes, stumbling backwards a foot or two, her hands reaching for her bracelets.
The syringe fell to the ground, shattering. Jake saw her go for one of her bracelets. He went for his ring. It was gone. Lost in Tartarus, he presumed. He didn't have the Sword of Hell, He'd given it to Ninnia, well, was forced to give it to somebody, for "his own protection... And other peoples protection. Mainly for other people." So he went for the first think he could think of. The needle from the syringe. He grabbed it, holding it like a knife, it sliced the inside of his palm, but he put up with it. "Aura, I'm only going to hurt you, if you try to hurt me. I don't want to fight you. Especially if I don't even know why you want to fight me." He didn't even realize the syringe had blood in it.
aura was breathing heavilly, backing away from him towards a wall. "you're not jake," she whispered, holding her dagger out defensively.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Jake questioned. And why was aura freaking  out so bad? It's not like he was trying to kill her or anything- actually, let's not think about Jake and killing right now, it might just turn everything south.
"your blood. jake bleeds gold. you dont. what the hell did you do with him???" she hissed, the hand holding the dagger shaking.
"poison." He whispered to himself in realization. Jake dropped the needle  and sat down on the chair. "There was a manticore. And then all the-" The walls disappeared, and the ground turned to mush. He was sitting next to a trail of blood- no, it was a river. The river. The Phlegathon. Why was Kyle on the other side? And why did he have his claws out? "How'd you get across the river?" He asked Kyle. "I have to get away from you." He replied. "I have to get away from you. Away from you. Away from you." Without thinking, Jake started walking towards Kyle- no, it wasn't Kyle, that was- was that Aura? he fell into the river, and then everything went black. He opened his eyes, to find himself laying on the ground of the medical room he was in before. Aura was staring at him with wide eyes. It was just a small scare. Nothing too big like last time. Still, Jake couldn't stop himself from tearing up slightly. He had to get this under control. He had to.
aura was kneeled on the tile beside him, looking down at him with concern in her wide golden eyes. she wasn't so worried about him being a monster, but she still held the dagger ready. "what the hell just happened?" she asked quietly, her voice shaking. no. it wasn't just her voice. she was shaking all over. she was scared. ninnia had told her what had happened to her... and that was Ninnia. aura was positive that jake was always more fond of ninnia than herself. she feared to imagine what he might do to her now with everything thats happened. no, she couldn't die, but right now, she couldnt handle any more pain. she could have run. she wanted to. but she had work to finish. a blood stain to clean. shards of glass to sweep off the flower. a patient that was just a patient and no more than that to sen home safely, no matter what. "what.  just. happened."
"Small attack." Jake coughed out, then scrambled to his feet, whipping his eyes. "I-I have to leave." He told her, before running out the door. 'Back to my cabin. Back to my room. Back to myself.' He was repeating in his mind. Over and over again until he got there. Once there, he slammed his forehead into his door, banging on it with his fists. He almost killed Ninnia yesterday, who could tell what he would've done to Aura He felt trapped. Trapped in his own head, and he needed to break free.

{A/N: alright so I basically just went into an rp between me & foreveranolympian_ from like early July or maybe late June I'm not really sure, bur anyways, please excuse all the errors, I'm tired & don't feel like actually editing, so hopefully its somewhat coherent, and if not there's only Abigail and I to blame.}