Chapter 9- The Twist in My Life/How Could You?

(A/N:) Hey everyone. First off, I just wanted to thank you for reading this far into my book and not giving up. Okay, so apparently, I couldn't come up with the appropriate title for this chapter, so it would be of much help if you can help me by suggesting one in the comment box below. You can also vote if you think that it's worth it!(;

Btw, that's George over there to the right.

----

ONE MONTH LATER

I have been feeling very crappy for the past couple of weeks. I've had an increase rate of fatigue level, I've been getting headaches, feeling nauseated... I couldn't even stand for more than five minutes. My lower back's also been acting up. The worst part of it all was going to the bathroom, not to use it, but to vomit. I came to believe that I was bulimic because I was eating a lot, but the funny thing is that I wasn't ridding myself of the food---it came naturally. 

My life was also very different than it had been a month ago. Now that Ashton and I barely talked, except for when it came to another physics project, I felt like a part of me was incomplete. I needed him to complete the other part of me, but what was the point of going to him just because I feel a type of way?

I thought about it for a second, I had missed my menstrual cycle. It was supposed to come two weeks ago. Then I remembered what Mr. Goodwill had done to me a month ago. I don't recall him utilizing a condom.

I started to panic.

I didn't know what to do.

Dad was downstairs, making food, and I was just in my room, reviewing for my AP physics test.

I shook my head at the very thought of it. No, I thought to myself. What are you, crazy? You must be stupid. You cannot be pregnant.

I kept being in denial, but I never knew for sure; I never took the test. I thought about it once more. Then Dad interrupted my thoughts.

"Ficah, Sweetie," he came into the room. He reached to touch my head, but I moved away.

"Don't touch me."

"Okay, well your food is ready," he said and he walked out.

I'm not going to eat, I thought to myself. For all I know, he's probably trying to get rid of me, too. And I may be responsible for a life inside of me.

I grabbed my keys. I went for a ride. I had, thankfully, already received my license.

"Dad, I'll come back whenever."

"What do you mean you'll come back whenever? It's 7PM."

"I just want to go for a drive."

"I will get rid of that car. You've been going for rides for the past month, and you leave me here to wonder where you go and what you are doing. Every time I tell you that food is ready, you go for a drive. What is up with that?"

"Dad, please. I need to go for a drive," I said and walked out. I did not even care about what he thought or did. I don't love him. He's not my father.

I got into the car and slammed the door shut. I started the engine but didn't go anywhere. A tear fell from my eyes at the thought of being pregnant. Me? Pregnant? All of the sudden my head and stomach started to ache. I grind my teeth; the agony was great. Despite my pain, I started to move the car.

I drove all the way to Ashton's house and parked in front of it. I started to admire it. I was there for the new year, just a couple of weeks ago, but then everything was different.

I shook my head and continued to drive. I made my way toward CVS pharmacy. I couldn't believe that I wasn't going there for some over-the-counter medication for my cramps, but for a pregnancy test.