Student Services

~Chapter One~

"Mikayla?" I nodded my head. With a sigh of relief and a perfectly white smile he extended his beautifully strong hand out to me.

"Sebastian. Sebastian Crossley." Hesitantly I took his hand and shook sealing my fate and literally placing my life in the hand of a complete and total stranger that wanted to make his sexual desires come true.

****

                               ~One week earlier~

I held the stack of bills in my hand and waved them in the air over my head in a fit. "Why so many goddamn bills!" 

"Is it that time of the month already?" My roomate Angie strutted in the room with a a nice hot cup of tea in her hand and took a seat in the chair beside me in the kitchen. She held the cup with both hands and blew the steam that curled at the top away. 

"I swear there's something new to pay every other week."

I glanced at the unopened water bill and cable bill that all said past due stamped at the front in all red and caps. I sighed.

"Thats because were always late on them."

Angie nodded her head to that and took a generous sip from her cup. "We always pull through Kayla."

I scoffed. "Yeah, how long am I gonna keep that up?" I asked rhetorically.

The job I had now was a below minimum wage position at the University Cafe. $7.25 hourly for 30 hours a week only calculated up to enough for me to pay for my tuition. I was lucky to get more hours during the week. While I was at work, Angie was a full time student so everything being paid landed on me and Angie chipped in whenever she could. The apartment was given to us by the University since they had no more spots on  the on campus dorms, so we didn't have to pay rent but if we wanted the luxury of water, cable and internet, we had to put up the money ourselves. 

And it wasn't as if we could go to either of our parents for mone.  Mine were just as broke as me with my fathers hospital admittance bills for his colon cancer and Angies parents weren't alive, so we had no choice but to find ways to make ends meet.

I face planted into the bills scattered amongst the table and groaned. Angie placed a hand on my back and rubbed soothingly. "It'll be okay Kayla, I promise." 

Really, can you pull money out of your pefect ass?

Of course, I couldn't really say that to her but that didn't stop me from thinking it. Things need to have a quick turn around soon or we were going to sink deeper into a hole we didn't need to be in.

"Which reminds me, I need to check my ad that I posted on line about that biology book."

Angie hopped up quick to go to laptop that resided in her room. I rose and followed after her because she posted an ad that asked if anyone needed our books. We were done with first semester and didn't need the books so we decided to sell them, this also helping with bills. At least so we could get caught up.

She plopped down her her furry pink computer chair and I tried my hardest not to throw up at the sight of her room. She was the type of girl where everything had to be pink. Not saying it was a big deal but living with her can become a problem if you despise pink like me. everthing was covered in pink from her walls to her bed. From her dresser to the computer she was logging on to now. 

It was suffocating everytime I stepped in here and I always tried to cut my visit short.

"Okay...lets see."