Chapter 21

James vibrated with anger as he entered the building. He clenched his hands and teeth. In the entryway, he stopped, speechless. It had taken the strength of Hercules to stuff down his anger and his pride long enough to agree to work with Hank, but it was erupting again. This situation is ludicrous, James thought; me working with – no for Hank!

Moto arrived and assessed his charge, who practically glowed with anger. He shepherded James to his bunk in silence. Once there, Moto suggested James take a shower while he prepare a small meal.

"I know just what you need. Something my mother prepared for me when I was muddled." Without touching him, Moto gently shooed the still mute James toward the bathroom. Calmed by the guidance, James turned toward the offbeat little man and smiled. Unable to pull together a sentence, James managed to burble, "Who? . . . What?"

Moto picked up the backpack James had dropped on the floor and put it on a dresser.

"Who? Why, I am Moto. As for 'what' – first you shower and you eat and then we go to the lab where research is being done!"

Moto scurried to the pantry, where he knew there was a Panini maker. He would make a grilled cheese sandwich and prepare a can of tomato soup – comfort food. He rushed around the kitchen hunting down ingredients for the simple sandwich. He remembered seeing an herb garden around back of the facility, and welcomed the walk to gather basil for soup. He slowed his pace and took a deep cleansing breath. James swirled with chaos and Moto reacted to it. James' aura had more than a tinge of sad, Moto noted and briefly wondered why. There was no time for reflection; Moto collected several large leaves of Italian basil and returned to the kitchen at a more metered pace.

Please feel free to comment and/ or vote if you like this chapter thank you.

For more information go to www.novo-cetus.com or https://www.facebook.com/novocetus/info.

Now available in full length on Amazon.com for $13.00 for a paper back format or $1.99 for a kindle addition.