Why She Wants To Live

"Hey," I heard Danny say.

"Shove off, Jones," I said quietly.

"I was just coming to see if you wanted to talk. You know, a proper talk. With everyone. We all agree you need it." I shook my head.

"I can barely handle trying to get one of you to stop talking to me, much less all of you. I don't want to talk to anyone," I replied. He sighed. Though a door separated us, I think he knew what I had just done.

Blood was all over my thighs, marking the various slices I had just make in my skin. Although I'd stopped cutting years ago, this was the worst time to reapse if any, especially because all of them were probably waiting right outside the door.

"Stella. I need you to come out, or we're coming in," Harry said.

"No. Please don't," I replied quietly, curling my legs up to my chest by instinct.

"That only tells us we need to, I'm gonna open the door, okay?" Tom was the culprit this time.

"No, stop, please."

"Stella, we're opening the door."

Just like that, everything I had been through had washed away. The four boys stared at me through the doorway, their mouths opening and hands covering their mouths.

"Please tell me you didn't do this," Dougie murmured. Tears sprung to his eyes and he gasped for breath, clutching his stomach. Danny made a noise in the back of his throat. Tom shook his head, his hand raising to his mouth. Harry flinched, closing his eyes and backing up.

"I'm so sorry," I said quietly. I tucked my head into the space between my knees, the smell of blood filling my nose. "I never meant to-"

"Save it," Dougie growled angrily. He then walked out of the room. The others just stood there for a few moments before Harry came forward, grabbing my legs and lifting me up.

"NO," I said. I knew where they would take me.

"We have to, Stella. It's the only way," he replied. "Danny, get the car. Tom, go find Doug. Bring him." I breathed in Harry's scent, tears springing to my eyes again as he carried me out of the room. Slowly, everything went black. But not before I heard Dougie crying. And it broke my heart.

**************************************

"Hey," a voice said. I opened my eyes and looked around, seeing three bodies sitting near me. Danny was sitting there, holding one of my hands. Tom was on the other side next to Harry, both sitting there with concerned faces. Dougie, as expected, was nowhere.

"Why did you take me here? I don't want help," I said, leaning my head on the pillow.

"It's okay, we promise. We told them they were a few weeks old from a car accident and they reopened. They believed us. We're not forcing you to do anything," Danny explained.

"Doug still mad at me?"

"No. He's crying it out. He doesn't know how to deal with it. You hurt him, Stell," Harry replied.

"Well excuse me then."

"He didn't mean it like that. None of this is your fault, okay?" Danny pulled the hair out of my face. "They said we can take you back when you woke up, we'll leave you to change." I got out of the bed, looking around until they handed me a bag of clothes. They all left the room long enough for me to put on the skinny jeans, t-shirt, and Converse, then opened the door. The one and only Dougie walked in, a guilty look on his face. He was dressed badly too, in pj pants and a sweater over a plain white t-shirt.