❁ Prologue ❁

ρσѕѕєѕѕινє

Prologue

+++

Primadonna- Marina and the Diamonds

+++

I stared at my mother's hardened face, nose flared and eyes shooting knives at my slightly drunk frame.

I winced slightly, gently closing the scraped car door, not wanting it to fall apart even more than it already was.

Mom glared at me with utter disappointment and anger clouding her beady grey eyes- arms crossed tightly over her chest. Her face was creased with tension wrinkles and she stood still, unmoving as I walked up to her trying to somehow squeeze past.

I licked my dry lips, mentally preparing myself for her wrath as I strolled past the huge marble doors, evading her intimidating presence- for now but alas, it was inevitable.

3

2

1

"Samantha Hollis what the bloody hell is wrong with you?!" She screeched and I could only imagine the scowl on her face, "This is the third time for the month you damaged three different cars!" She screamed behind me as I walked away flinching at her hostile tone.

She's giving me a headache

"Don't you dare walk away when I'm speaking to you young lady! Come back here this instant!" I released a burdened sigh as I turned around, spinning on my glittery high heels with the most nonchalant expression on my face.

Mom strode up to me, intimidating as ever, jaw clenched. Her cold grey eyes and pale skin never looked more unreal. She gave off an intimidating aura that promised nothing good was about to come.

I could tell she was deciding yet another way to 'severely' punish me like taking away my maids- again.

Ehh, I'll live. It's not like it hadn't happened before and it's not like it's not going to happen again in the future.

"You need to learn some responsibility! You just came back from Los Angelis a month and a half ago and you're more reckless than when I sent you!" She yelled at me and I arched my brow, completely unfazed as I looked down at my newly manicured nails, completely disinterested in whatever she was saying.

So what if I crashed her car?

I mentally scoffed.

It was an accident, it's not like I'm doing it on purpose and besides, the woman has millions of them parked in the garage so what's the big deal? And it's not like she can't afford to buy more.

". . . I know what to do. You need to be taught a good lesson. From now on, you'll work for your own money and do whatever the hell you want with it after. But for now, give me all your credit cards."

My eyes widened and my heart drummed in my chest as I clutched my handbag, pulling it into me and holding unto it for dear life.

She can't be serious

She never went this far to punish me before

I stared at her, lips parted as I scanned her face for a hint of humor but she was dead serious, glaring at me with no mercy.

Not my credit cards! How the hell am I suppose to go shopping now?! How am I supposed to live now?!

No, no, no. She is screwed in the head if she thinks I'm giving my babies up.

I took a deep breath, putting on a cute pouty face, extending my bottom lip and dilating my eyes. It always works. "Mom, I promise. Ground me, take away my spa reservations this weekend or forbid from going to the Yacht party tomorrow- but don't make me work and give up my cards please, it won't happen again. I promise you- " I begged and watched as my mother placed her palm in the air, silencing me.

"No enough is enough Samantha! You make the same mistakes time and time again and I'm sick and tired of it. Hand your cards up immediately!" She shouted probably for the entire neighborhood to hear.

My bottom lip quivered. "But mom-"

"Now." She said through gritted teeth.

With hot tears threatening to overflow, I reached into my bag with shaky hands and reluctantly gave her my handful of cards.

My poor babies

A victorious smile spread across her ruby lips as she snatched them.

My heart was torn out of my chest.

Before I could explode and say things that I would regret, I turned around and made my way to the stairs, seething in my own silent rage.

"Oh and Samantha," Mom said, causing me to halt, my fists clenching at my sides. "You'll start working from tomorrow morning. I'll make arrangements for you tonight at a company and give you your details tomorrow at breakfast. Make sure you're ready at 7 AM."

+++

Warning: This is a dark book that will contain mature content and mature language throughout the entire book.

It's for mature audience but I'm not even mature so basically anyone can read lol, I don't have an age restriction. Just know that I warned you

DO NOT STEAL MY STORY/IDEAS OR I WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOU AND SEE TO IT THAT YOU ARE INDEED PUNISHED NO MATTER WHAT SITE YOU ARE ON

Add to your reading lists, vote, comment, follow, share, it means a lot.

Well, I really hope that you enjoy the book, leave feedback, ily

~A, xxx