National Sperm Bank

POP. The glass above my head shattered into a million pieces. Two seconds later, the small brown box exploded, adding more litter to the floor. Yet again, I was tucked nicely in between a rock and a hard place. Metaphorically speaking, because I was literally tucked in between a large packing crate and a half fallen brick wall.

The Agents had me pinned and they were moving in quickly, leaving me little time to think of a plan to escape. Though with each passing second, I was beginning to loose confidence in getting away. Berto was hiding somewhere in this hellhole of a building. We got separated earlier when the Agents showed up sooner than expected.

Another bullet whistled over my head. That time I could feel the wind as it passed by. Not good, not good at all. I clutched Cuerella hard. Dragging in a deep breathe, I held it and counted to three. As soon as I hit three, I slowly released the air, subconsciously relaxing my grip on my gun. At three, my heart steadied and every unnecessary noise faded into the background. My hearing, sense of smell and eyesight heightened, whether it was due to my genetic mutation or the adrenaline pumping through my body, I wasn't too sure.

I heard glass being crunched under a military boot to my left. The crinkle of paper slight to the left ahead of me. To my right, a metal pipe rolled over the concert floor after being kicked out of the way. With the practice ease of a hunter, I rose from my crouched position. Time slowed down, everything froze, suspended in time.

The man to the right dropped to the ground, a bullet between his eyes. The man to the slight left fell, blood blooming directly over his heart. The third and final man died from a bullet to the left temple when he turned to watch his combat partners fall to the ground dead.

Just as suddenly as the time stopped, time sped up. Everything came back as fast as snapping two fingers. I blinked hard, bringing my gun down. Its barrel hot from use. The seige was over. The Agents were dead and once more I slipped away unharmed, or mostly unharmed considering one of the bastards got lucky with his aim. A loud whistle could be heard. I looked around the room, gun back up and steady, looking for a new threat. The whistle came again and I realized that the vibration coming from my right hip wasn't from excess adrenaline, but from my phone.

I deflty slipped my phone from my blood and dirt covered pants. I glanced at the caller ID, Berto.

I answered, "National Sperm Bank, you whack it, we pack it!"

Berto's gravely voice came over the line a little scratchy, but I could hear him clearly. "Damn, you survived too?"