Chapter 6

A/N: Sorry about the super late upload. Not sure if I'll keep writing this story. I know life can be pretty boring, mine is no exception. =P

Camping in the Swiss Alps, sounds great right? It could be. If it weren't raining all the time, oh and if it didn't 4 1/5 agonizing hours trapped in the car with my step mother and ABBA playing the ENTIRE time. 'Oh lord save me from this hell! I did nothing to deserve such torture!!!' 

4 hours later

'Thank you God, for the very poorly timed response. Can I at least meet a guy this weekend!? I could really use the decent company?' 

"Hey, Lila. I need you to climb this tree to tie up the tarp so the rain won't flood the tent." 

"Really??"

"Yup I'll give you a boost." Great start to the weekend; a pair of ripped capris, my favorite hoodie, and my only tennis shoes now covered in sap. yay. 

"I'm gonna go walk around, I'll be back soon." I called desperately needing to be away from the "family." So grabbing my diary and pen I ran off. Finding a secluded tree not far from the path I settled down and started to write. 

"A Forrest of Hearts" the third or so poem written lately. And just as depressing as the last. Loneliness had been sinking into me for the past couple weeks. So I let it out with poetry and song lyrics. 

"Lila, we're going to AAFES, do you want to come?"

"Sure, one second." so we walked to AAFES, but I didn't come back empty handed. I got a steel softball bat, 32" and 21 oz. 'Perfect. Maybe I'll get some bonding time in with dad by playing catch.Cliche, I know. I'm not even a boy!?'

~The Next Day~

'I hate busses.' We had been on this tour bus for hours now. I was excited to see one of Hitler's hide outs, but i didn't want to sit in this bus any longer. But you could see the large, limestone covered mountain looming in the distance. 'Is the bus driving up that thing?'

Sure enough. our over sized tour bus drive up the mountain, almost expertly making every single switch-back. But most of the tie you terrified for your life. 'Oh, God. I can't die yet, Please don't let us fall and die!? I can't die yet! I'm too pretty.' You could see anxiety and fear covering my face. I don't do heights. 

We made it up, safely for that matter. Let;s just say the horror was worth it. The view was absolutely spectacular. Long green rolling fields stretched out before you with small towns placed in the valleys of a few of them. More mountains, large and small, spread out perfectly. The clouds were thin and minimal leaving a crystal clear view of everything within a 100 mile radius. Here is where I learned that fear is nothing compared to living without fear or regrets. That I can't hide from the heights that every life places before us. Here is where I learned that living meant more than existing. 

"Oh my gosh. This is the BEST waffle i've ever had!" Belgian waffle with vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate syrup, strawberries, and all sorts of other delicious treats was laid before me. We were sitting on a deck that stood several feet above the lake water. Ducks and swans swam sporadically through the water hoping to catch a few pieces of food. We were all sipping a cup of hot chocolate, I had a new found love of bitter hot chocolate, and this was the best cup yet. 

After eating I went to sit on a rock, I needed to think about all the things I came to know that day. 'Maybe this rainy camping trip wasn't a bad idea after all.'

~The Next Day~

"Happy fourth of July!" My dad said.

"Yea, you too." The only thing I was looking forward to, the fireworks. ;) We had no plans that day, so we just sat around. Reading, writing, chatting (kind of), dad and I even got a game of catch in! but when the fireworks came around. . . I was thoroughly disappointed. They last maybe 10 minutes, the finale consisted of maybe 10 different fireworks that exploded at odd times for a finale. "That sucked."