Prologue

Nobody saw it coming.
It was March 21, 2032 when the Bermudians unleashed their weapon that would change the world. It didn't kill people, but the outcome was even worse. It was a virus that affected 1 in 50 people everywhere around the world which had different affects on different people. It could make someone be able to fly, it could make someone be able to breathe underwater, it could even instantly kill them, but nobody knows exactly how it worked.
The very next day there were people rampaging through the streets trying to make sense of what happened. They didn't survive. The people who locked their doors and stayed inside were the smart ones. Now the government has created a task force that call themselves the Justification which tracks down and kills the dangerous Variables, I know the name is interesting, but the Justification gave them that name and it just seemed to stick. My name is Danny Brinead, and we think the Justification is hunting in our town Mithyam, Iowa next. The Justification will not stop until every last one of us Variables no matter good or bad are killed.
Anndy and I need to leave town before we get caught, and wherever we go to we will be fine as long as we remember one thing.
Don't talk to ourself in public.