Saturday on Jeju Island

Suzy’s POV

“Is he there already?” Kinakabahan ako. Ano ba toh. Huhu mahal nya pa kaya ko? Tutupadin pa kaya nya yung pinangako nyang papakasalan nya ko paglaki namin? Sana naman. Kasi sa totoo lang sya lang ang lalaking minahal ko.

“Excited much Suzy? Dadating yun si Myungsoo.”

“Paano kung hindi?” Kanina pa dapat yun nandito. 7am ang call time. 10 am na wala pa sya. Paano kung di sya dumating? Huhu

“Nandito naman ako e. “

Tinulak ko si Sungyeol.

“Baliw. You know what? I miss him so much…”

“Pasalamat ka tinulungan kita sa set-up na toh. Kung hindi ko lang kayo kaibigan dalawa ee! “

“Parang galit ka pa ata ah. Btw,thank you Sungyeollie.”

“Wala yun. Gusto ko lang kayo magkaroon ng happy ending. Para maka-experience ka naman ng fairytale.” Yes! Fairytale. Gusto maging ala fairytale ang lovestory ko. Yung happy ending.

“Does he like me? What do you think? May nasabi ba sya sayo? Or he likes someone else?” what if he likes someone else? NO!!

“I don’t know! Go see for yourself.”Taray ni Sungyeol.

“Nandito na si Myungsoo!” sabi ni Woohyun habang hinihingal pa kakatakbo.

“Go hide Suzy!”, utos ni Hoya.

Nagtago muna ko. Andyan na nga si Myungsoo. He grew up so well. He became more handsome than ever. Ang tangkad na rin nya. At the very moment I saw him, gustong gusto ko sya yakapin. Pero kung gagawin ko toh sira ang ang plano kaya wag na lang muna. Patience is a virtue Suzy. Patience. Patience.

“Where are you going Myungsoo?” tanong ni Yeol. Pagkalapag ni Myungsoo ng mga gamit nya ay kinuha lang nya ang camera nya.

Myungsoo slung his camera on his neck as he scanned the beach wondering where to go.

“Wander and take pictures of the surroundings.I’ll be back.” Myungsoo said as he steps outside.

Dongwoo saw me hiding and walks toward me.

“What are you doing here? Go confess your love for him.”

“Ya! It’s not the right time. Saka wag ka maingay dyan! Marinig nya.”

“Wala na sya. Malayo na.” I turned to see Myungsoo quite far away.

“Suzy why are you still here?” Sungyeol asks.

“Why?”

“Listen. It’s very obvious.”

“What?”

“The two of you. It’s very obvious you like each other since we’re still young.  We can see it the way you look at him – the way he looks at you. It’s pretty obvious you like each other. Everyone knows it, except the two of you.”

“Follow him now. I know how much you wanted to be with him again. Go! If you stay here he will be too far for you to catch up.

I closed my eyes. I can do it. I can do this. It’s better to feel remorse on the thing that you have done than forever be bothered by the things you don’t.

Myungsoo’s POV

I shrugged and walk without destination. Taking picture of the sunset, sand and waves.

“I miss taking picture of my favorite model. Where are you Suzy? What part of earth can I find you?” I thought.

After like 30 mins of walk, I sit looking at the sunset. Nature is the best. It's better if you're with me right now.

“UH?”

May tumakip sa mga mata ko.

“Yeol.Stop it!”

“I’m not Sungyeollie.”

Oh my God. That familiar voice! The voice I missed for a long time..

I touched the hands that have covered my two eyes. Yes. I’m right. It is definitely her. This is definitely Suzy.

“Suzy!”

Tinanggal ko uung kamay nya and I hugged her tightly.

“Myungsoo! Don’t make it too obvious that you miss me.” She said , looking directly on my eyes.

We smiled at each other. I got my camera and took pictures of her while she's smiling. She’s the cutest thing ever.

Umupo ako ulit. Tinabihan nya ko. She leaned her head on my shoulder. God I've miss her so much.

“You know, I always wanted  to bring my girlfriend here.” I said while putting my arm around her shoulder.

“Really?”

“Yes. And I’m glad that I got a chance to. Even I bring her here before she became my girlfriend.” I can’t help but to laugh at myself. This is really unplanned! I said I will confess my love for her if ever I saw her again but I didn’t expect this moment.

“What did you say?” Suzy said looking back at me.

“No. Don’t make me say it again! That’s embarrassing! Dapat nakinig ka kanina ng maiigi!”

“I heard it all! Buti sinabi mong future girlfriend kasi… kung tatanungin mo ko.. sasabihin ko, NO!”

“I don’t care. I just wanted to confess this feeling that I have been hiding for such a long time. Suzy, I love you. I love you since we were still young. I love your hair, your eyes, the way you talk, the way you punch and hit me whenever I told you to marry me after college. I love everything about you. Kahit iba pa yung nararamdaman mo, I’ll accept it. I just want you to know my true feelings.”

Suzy keeps on smiling. Ang greasy ko na ba? Masyado bang corny yung confession ko?”

“Myungsoo. Thank you for being my bestfriend.”

“What are you talking about?” Nagulat ako sa sagot nya. Ayaw nya sakin? Huhu friendzone na ba ito? Kaibigan lang tingin nya sakin?

She laughs.

“I don’t want to be your bestfriend anymore. I want to be more than that. Listen, I love you Myungsoo. I love how you took pictures of me and the way you are always asking me to marry you after college with a yellowbell you pick from our neighbor. I knew I love you since we were young. And If you wanted to ask me kung bakit hindi ako nagpaalam sayo nung araw na kailangan kong pumuntang L.A ay dahil… dahil hindi ko kaya. Baka umiyak lang ako sa harap mo sa mga oras na yun. Alam kong pipigilan mo kong umalis at baka pumayag pa ko at sundin kita. Sorry for taking too long for me to return. I have miss you so much Myungsoo. And the feelings that I have for you is still all the same.”

I kissed her forehead.

“Eto na siguro yung pinaka corny na place na pwede mag confess ng love.. I never thought I would confess here. Corny!”

“Kahit kalian corny ka naman e..” sabi ni Suzy as she hold my hands. “Pero seriously Myungsoo.. Uhhmm my answer is YES.”

“What do you mean YES?”

“YES! Ang corny mo!”

“Suzy!!! You’re --- “ I was silenced by Suzy when she pressed her lips on mine. A shy peck.

She smiles and run.

“YA! Suzy! Come back here.” I follow her.

"Catch me if you can!" she shouted.

"Ya! Suzy! I hate you. YOU STOLE MY FIRST KISS!"