Chapter Five:Change

Chapter Five: Change

Kaden’s pov next day

            I never did get back to sleep after Athena left. I spent most of the night destroying my room. There was hardly a single thing that hadn’t been destroyed as I went all pissed off alpha mode. It was around 10 when I went down stairs to start the meeting with all of the alphas and my mate. I walked into the room and waited to be attacked by her amazing scent, but I didn’t get anything. My eyes searched the room, but she wasn’t there.

            “Alpha Kaden I’m sorry to inform you that Alpha Athena had to leave last night.” Alpha Phil said, as he looked sad.

            “What could be more important about keeping all of our packs alive?” I yelled a little louder than I needed to.

            “Her brother. Athena would die before she would let him get hurt, so I suggest that you lower your voice and we get on with this meeting.” Phil said as he gave me a death glare.

            “Fine.” I grumbled but continued with the meeting.

The meeting went on for a few hours, but we had a lot of planning to do and I wasn’t going to over look anything. By the time we finished all of the alphas were happy to get home to see their mates, so I watched as they all filed out of the room. Everyone but Phil. He walked over to me and looked me in the eyes.

            “You’re her mate aren’t you?” Phil asked me.

            “Yea, but I have a feeling I was just rejected since she has left me twice already.” I mumbled as I watched Phil moved to sit next to me.

            “She didn’t reject you. Her wolf wont let her.” Phil said and right away my head snapped to his face.

            “How do you know what she will and wont do?” I asked him making him smile and laugh a little.

            “I have known her since the day she was born, and it helps that I’m her godfather.” He said and right away questions flooded my mind.

            “So you know everything about her?” I asked him and right away I saw him sigh.

            “You want to know about her past don’t you?” He asked and I nodded my head.

            “It was when she was born her parents found out she was different than the other kids. She had something about her that made her stronger than the rest of the kids. She had to sets of alpha blood in her and that was something that our kind hadn’t seen for centuries. Her parents did everything to give her a normal life, but they also had to keep her a secret so the wrong people wouldn’t find out about her and take her for her gifts. She was young when her father explained to her that she was different than other wolfs, and they also told her that it would be her job to take care of the pack when her father and mother couldn’t anymore.

            That was the day that she changed.” Phil said and right away I wanted to know more.

            “What do you mean she changed?” I asked as I looked at him for more answers.

            “Athena was always a happy kid. She loved to play tag, or go shopping with her mother, and she had a normal childhood. Then when they told her about the pack and being in charge something in her changed. She wouldn’t go anywhere besides school, and even then she would rush home and stick like glue to her fathers side. She went to alpha meetings and she understood everything when she was still a pup. Her mother tried to get her to enjoy things, but she would refuse and just go to her father’s office and ask him if she could help with the pack.

            Then her life shattered around her. She was in her teens and her little brother Alex was still very young when her pack was attacked by a group of rouges. Her father ordered her to get all the kids to safety and she did. She locked them all in a secret cellar that would mask all of their scents, but she ran out and went to fight. She was strong, but her father always believed that fighting was not something he wanted his pack to learn at a young age. She went out there and killed to protect her pack.

            I was to late by the time my pack and I got there. I found her in the middle of a field with blood everywhere around her and some of her own on her small body. When I walked up to her she wasn’t crying, but she had something in her eyes that told me she wasn’t the same Athena I use to know. She took over the pack that was kids her age, some younger and some older. They knew what happened, but none of them to this day will talk about it.  I helped with her pack when she left for a year to train with the same guy that trained her father. She came back and she only focused on two things. Her brother Alex, and her pack.” Phil said and by the end of the story I was stunned.

            “She ran away from you I’m assuming, because she feels for you and you’re the one thing that could lower her defense’s and make her weak, and she is the thing that can make you stronger.” Phil said and it all clicked for me.

            “Where is she?” I asked Phil who took out his phone and looked at it.

            “Right now she is home. Alex needed her last night and no one could find her.” Phil said and my eyes went wide.

            “Why did they need her?” I asked

            “Since their parents died Alex and Athena have been each others safety nets. He gets these bad dreams and when ever he cant find her he goes into a panic and thinks everyone had been taken away from him. So Athena is hardly away from his side. I was surprised my self when they couldn’t find her. She has never left him alone for a whole night.” Phil said and my whole chest tightened.

            It was my fault. I took her last night and when she had to leave it was for him. She was just going to help her brother last night. I felt my wolf growing at me for being an ass to our mate, but I was beating myself up a whole hell of a lot more than he was.

            “So what do I do?” I asked Phil as he stood up and walked to the door.

            “I suggest you give her time. She needs to figure things out and so do you. You’re a new alpha you need to focus on your pack and she needs to figure out that she needs to be with her mate.” Phil said before leaving the room so I was all alone.

This chapter was more just so you guys and Kaden know about her past. More action is to come also more updates!

Thanks!

Vote, Comment, fan, and what ever elseJ