Kidnapped - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My body was moving to the beat of the music, my hips swaying side to side.  My best friend, Dan, was dancing next to me. The nightclub’s lights were flashing all around, making everything seem blurry and the music was pounding hard, causing my ears to vibrate. 

I dragged Dan off the dance floor and as we sat down at the bar, he gazed at me thoughtfully. 

“How old are you now, Casey?” he said with a smirk. 

“18, Dan. You should know that, we’re best friends!” I pouted, pretending to be upset. 

He smiled slyly.  “So you’re old enough to drink now?” 

“Yeah, I guess,” I mumbled, not sure where this was going. 

He pulled out his wallet and gestured for the bar attendant to come over. She walked over and winked at Dan, casuing me to scowl at her. 

“What can I get the handsome man and his lady?” she questioned, glancing at me, her eyes full of envy. 

She thought Dan was my boyfriend! I laughed out loud, causing Dan and the girl to stare at me as if I were crazy. 

“Two Vodka Cruisers, thanks,” Dan told the girl and she nods, not breaking eye contact with Dan.

 I gestured with my hand to move her along and she walked away, obviously annoyed. 

“What was that about, Case?” he asked, giving me a cheeky grin. 

“She thought I was your girlfriend!” I scoffed, watching her prepare our cruisers. 

“What is so bad about that?” he spoke softly, not meeting my eye.

“Dan, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you, you would be the perfect boyfriend, to any girl,” I announced, feeling guilty that I had insulted my best friend. 

“Really? Thanks,” he said, smiling warmly at me.

 I felt a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. 

Just then, the girl from before appeared and handed us our drinks.

i mumbled  thanks and glared at her. She was oblivious to my glare, her eyes still focused on Dan.

Ok, i admit it. Dan was very good looking and always had girls all over him. It just made me jelous, i guess. He was my best friend, not anyone else's.

I coughed awkwardly and the bartender was snapped out of her daze. She flashes Dan a flirty smile and walks over to sever other customers. 

"Casey, what was that all about?" Dan says slyly, taking a sip of his cruiser.

i grabbed my cruiser and took a huge sip, what a mistake. The alcohol burned my throat and i refused the urge to vomit.

"Uh well, she was coming on too strong. Besides, she wasn't your  type," i slurred.

Dan glanced at me quizzically, and took another sip.

Wait, does this mean i was meant to take another drink of the cruiser? I didn't want to look like a idiot, so i just followed his moves.

As soon as i took the second sip, my heart started racing. 

Wow, drinking sure wasn't as easy as it was portrayed in the movies.

i burst out giggling and adjusted my dress. 

“Dan, it’s too hot in here, lets go outside,” I whined childishly tugging his shirt. 

He took my hand and said, 

“Wow, you don’t take your alcohol well, do you?” he slowed downed and threw me a worried look.

 Suddenly, I collapsed on the ground and as my head hit the ground, everything went black.

***

My eyes fluttered opened to find that a man was standing over me, smiling. 

“W-What happened?” I asked him, unsure who he was. 

He stomped his foot onto my chest to pin me to the ground, causing me to let out a startled cry. He bent down and clamped his hand over my mouth. My teeth bit hard onto his skin and he drew back sharply. He swore under his breath and pulled me up by my hair until i was standing next to him.

“Let go of me!” I screamed but then  regretted it as a wave of nausea passed over me. 

I felt faint and could barely resist as he pulled me into the blackness of the parking lot. I looked over my shoulder and saw the nightclub party still in full swing, oblivious to the fact I was getting kidnapped.