Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The candle's small flame flickered in the slight breeze, which managed to enter underneath the door. I listened carefully to the sounds of the approaching heartbeats, my eyes shut tightly blocking out any light that may try to infiltrate. I heard the door creak open and then abruptly slam into the wall behind it.

"Hazume Kurai Ikuda, you are to return to the Iwagakure with us to face your punishment." A male husky voice ordered, confidence dancing along his tone.

I slowly opened my cruel amethyst coloured eye, but I didn't move my body to acknowledge their presences.

"Do you know how many people have come after to me?" I asked with a blank tone.

I heard them step towards me away from the door.

"Neither do I, but I can tell you this..." I paused. "None of them came back." I announced coldly as I turned to face a squad of three men.

The door slammed shut and the candle's flame perished. I heard their gasps and the sound of feet staggering backwards, as they furiously stared into the black abyss that my eyes were adjusted too. I chuckled evilly, twisting my hands into the horse hand sign. The shadows began to twist and twirl around them.

"You should learn about your prey before you hunt it," I paused, allowing a devilish smile to play along my lips. "Or the predators can become the prey."

The shadows darted towards them with the intent to kill. The window flew open when my ninjutsu had completed it tasks, showing the scene it had created. Thick crimson liquid lined the walls as well as the floor and three mutilated corpses lied in the middle of the room with horrified expressions. I chuckled stepping over them towards the door before stopping dead in my tracks at the doorway, drawing a kunai from my hoister and removing my headband from my forehead. My eyes stared down at the symbol engraved on the metal piece. I scoffed and swiped the kunai across the symbol, I threw the headband behind my shoulder hearing the clank of the metal as it hit the ground. Before abandoning the scene I had created, I glanced back at the bodies and my old headband that lied near their heads. That village was my past it was time to move on and kill anyone that tried to stop me. I positioned my hood on my head, hiding my eyes and walked out of the small shack I was staying in. New shelter was needed, I needed a new village.

I walked for days trying to find a village. Two days since I had entered into the Land of Fire. My food and water supply was gone. I heard the sound of the brush behind me moving, causing me to twirl around preparing myself. A squad of Konoha Genin jumped out, on guard in case I was any trouble. They were about my age.

"Help me please help me..." I murmured, collapsing at their feet.

I heard faint voices as my vision slowly blurred out.

v

"My darling daughter, don't run from me." An eerie voice echoed.

My eyes shot open and furiously looked around the dark forest that surrounded me. I panted heavily feeling helpless and scared. There was a cold liquid on my t-shirt that I could feel bearing down on my skin. I glanced down to see thick red blood, which covered my shirt. My hands rapidly brushed the liquid trying to get it off...it wasn't my blood. I heard laughter fill the air, forcing me to turn my attention away from the blood.

"You can never escape me Hazume. No matter where you go, no matter where you run...I'll find you. Nothing will stop me! Just try to run from me, I'll track you down and eventually you'll have to confront me. In the end you'll learn that it's rude to run from your mummy..." The voice yelled.