∆ Loud Silence ∆

Loud Silence ∆

Collin

No audio available

"Collin. I think you're depressed." My father said bitterly as I sat in his hard uncomfortable chair shifting my bag from arm to arm. Of course I was depressed, it didn't take him to tell me that.

I knew that.

It was obvious.

Although I tried to get back to normalcy it wasn't working all the time. Sometimes I reverted back to this sad sack of flesh that wanted to stay on one end of the couch and turn off all the lights with the sound of the TV to fill the air. "Really dad.. I'm fine." I lied giving a smile. "Don't therapist me." I joked as he just sighed. 'Jesus.. I'm not the only one depressed.' I thought looking at him with concern. "Just don't be late for school, alright?" He smiled giving me that parental pat on the back like we had nothing else to say.

I nodded and grabbed my phone waving at him before exiting the house that we'd both begrudgingly return to later.

"Collin!" My friends ran to catch up to me and I smiled. "What took you so long?" Dylan, a blonde with a stereotypical obsession with skateboarding, asked slowing down. "My dad was diagnosing me." I shrugged as we hit the corner. "Again."

"What's the diagnosis, crazy?" He joked as I rolled my eyes. Dylan Anderson has been my best friend since first grade. He may seem like a total jokester but he's actually very loyal. But unfortunately, a morning person. None of my others friends were talking because like me, they found the morning evil but leave it to Dylan to spike up a lively conversation about my sanity.

"Depression." I reply blandly as we reach the gates of our school. "What?" All my friends look shocked but I just shrug it off and keep walking. They wouldn't understand.

I straighten the unbearable tie on my neck as their all staring at me.

"Dude. It's actually true." Trent finally spoke up.

"Yeah. Leave it to you guys to finally figure that out." I chuckled as we walked in to begin a hellish day of school.

As soon as the final bell rang we all filed out of the school quickly. "Well see ya tomorrow." I separate from my friends quickly to ignore the everburning question of why I didn't want to goof off yet again.

There were times where I desperately tried to goof off but that day I just wanted to be alone. That is until I walked past Future City Records, a music store I went past every day on my way to and from school.

You know how people always say, do something you've never done before?

I didn't believe in doing that because I didn't see a need for change until I found myself in the store I always walked past and met the mysterious girl that worked in it who I always walked past.

A guy welcomed me in and I smiled before browsing through the CDs. Some hardcore group was playing through the speakers of the store. I had no clue who they were but they sounded decent. I reached for a CD and looked at the back of it. I looked up to brown eyes.

"Oh no you are not ready for them."

She took the CD from me.

"And how would you know?" I grin at her.

"You don't seem like the type."
"Is that a challenge?"

"Name's Samantha."

"Collin."

We grinned.

"Give me a playlist." She said her copper dimples showing on each side.

And that's how a challenge for the Ultimate Playlist began.