Prologue

I'm not like them. Those people that walk about the world. I'm not the same as them... I wish I was but I can't help being the way that I am. Anything would be better than being an outcast to my own kind.

When the Radiation Control Centers at the North and South Poles exploded simultaneously, the radiation that it kept at bay began to mix with the air that was on Earth. Instead of killing people as radiation would seem to do, the mixture instead caused things to happen. It changed people; mutating them into things that were good and also things that were bad.

For those of us that didn't change as drastic as some, we were still affected by the radiation, but ours wasn't so much on the outside as it was on the inside. The radiation cloud allowed everyone to have children. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Men and women, when they turned fourteen, began to make their own children just like some in the animal kingdom could. They would gestate the regular nine months every two to five years if left to the natural way of things. There were ways to procreate together and such but it became the norm so quickly, that if someone tried to stop it, they would be considered a criminal.

And then are those like me. Those who are odd.