Chapter 1: The Bad News

September 21

I would have never  thought I would have to face being a child with divorced parents. That day came when I just come home from school. My parents were sitting on the couch with faces that scream something bad was going to happen.

As my parents were sitting nevously in the couch. I asked iif something was wrong:

Ashley: "What wrong"?  

Jack:"We need to talk to you about something"" 

 Ashley: "Okay, about what"?

 Jack: "We  getting a divorced:"

Ashley: "Why"?

Jack: " We lost the spark"

Ashley: "Doesn't mean you have to separate!"

Jack; "We got though this hard time together"

Grace:" Yes, sweety we will"

I wonder if my parents ever considered how I felt about them getting a divorce with the persmission of your child? But ! guess that rule doesn't count into picking a situation thay is best for their child. 

As I heard my parents talking about the divorced I flashed back to the time  when we had fun at the beach as a family, when my parents were happy around each other instead of thinking about splitting up. 

I remeber having fun in the water with my dad while my mother was being a sweet over-protective mother.

*FLASHBACK* 

Ashley: "Let's go into the water"!

Jack; "Okay, Hold onto my hands"

Grace: "Be careful"

Ashley: " Okay, Mommy"!

Jack: " Do you want to come Grace"

Grace: No, Thanks you have fun with Ashley"

The flashback was in black and white, The time when they didn't have any colors to watch their movies in the theater. As my mom and dad lauughed because they were have a good time. But I guess all of the acting was a script or a lie. 

Like the Kennedy family they were the picute perfect family until a scandal broke and people view them different then before. Maybe my family was dommed just as the Kennedy family. I could image us being as the Kennedys. 

Even though mother didn't see anything I could feel her pain as she cried tears  down her face. Father reaction seemed calm but I know both of them were hurting inside because they loved each other so deeply. But how did I know? As they say you never know what happens behind closed doors. 

Ashley:" How could you do this to me"? 

Jack and Grace: " It was only for the best" 

Ashley: "Yeah, right"

Ashley:  'What happen now"?

Jack and Grace: "You have to trust" 

Ashley:  Okay"

I could just imagine myself  crying  myself to sleep after this shocking announcement came from my picture perfect parents marriage. I should have know, I recall my mother paking up old memories of when we were a happy family a few weeks ago when my dad was at work.

*FLASHBACK*

Ashley: " Hey mom, what are you doing"?

Grace:" Just paking up some memories and putting them in the attic 

Ashley:" Why"?

Grace: "Just getting rid of the old things"

Ashley; "These are not old they memories we have"!

Grace: "Yes I know but we have to look the future"

 What does that mean? My mom sure could act like she didn't know anything about their marriage  but I was cluelss too I guess that would count.

At this point the fears were only getting worse. After havng this coversation with my mother.

*CONTINUED TALk*

Ashley: "Okay'"?

Grace: "Love You, Good night"

Ashey: "Love you too"!

As I went upstairs I had the sense that there was something wrong but how could I know? I'm not a  marriage expert between my parents. I guess they didn't have the spark when they said it to me in our talk when I came home from school. I remeber when they told me how they first met it was romantic just as these scences in the movies 

Ashley: " How did you met"?

Jack: "In Paris"

Grace: "It was a serendipity moment"

Jack: "We locked eyes and we been together ever since"

Ashley: "AWW"!

I guess between my parents it wasn't a serendipity moment. Maybe  the romantic moment they had was fatal attraction. But how could that be? It seemed we had our life all worked out. But I  never what might happen next.

They told me that romantic at dinner at the table. 

Jack and Grace: " Isn't that story romantic"?

Ashley:  "Yes"

Jack: " We only telling you this because we don't want you to feel bad"

Ashley: "Okay"

I already felt bad I didn't need my dad to give me this lame pep-talk about my own confidence. That doesn't help the situtation but I had one parent who showed he cared. 

I guess in the end parents break-up, but it's hard when they not get divorced. You just have to level with them and realize that it's not your fault. I wonder if I could get though this. I just have to wait and see.