TS 1

Sarah's heart was beating like a hammer as she snuck back into her room. One wrong move and it would all be over. Her hands were damp with sweat as she crawled through her bedroom window. Every move she made sounded like a cannon blast to her ears.

She landed on her feet as quietly as possible and with no time to spare rushed into her bathroom. Without taking her clothes off, she jumped into the shower. She had to wash away all traces of the scents clinging to her.

Twenty minutes after scrubbing her skin until she was raw, she turned off the water. Just as she was doing so, a loud knock at her bedroom door almost sent her over the edge. She hurried out of the shower and slipped on her robe. With her heart lodged in her throat and hands unsteady, she went to open her door.

The breath she'd been holding flew past her lips and she sagged in relief when she saw who it was.

"I brought you lunch." Jenny, her housekeeper told her, "and I've come to pick up your laundry. I came up here earlier, but you were napping and I decided to come back later."

Sarah nodded stoically and moved aside. Jenny walked past her with a tray loaded with food. She placed it on her bed then turned to look at Sarah questioningly.

"Thanks for the food, laundry is in the basket." Sarah told her. With her voice she said one thing but her fingers pointed at the bathroom in silent communication. Jenny picked up the laundry basket than rushed into the bathroom to pick up the clothes she'd just taken off.

"I'll be back for the tray." Jenny told her as she made her way out of the room.

Sarah nodded and mouthed a silent thank you then closed the door behind Jenny. Alone in her room once more she leaned against the closed door and sighed in relief.

It looked like she'd pulled it off.

Sarah closed her eyes and silently thanked the moon. Thanked her for the strength to do what she had done and for making it possible.

Sarah pushed herself away from the door and strode towards her closet. Picking out her clothes, she dressed quickly then went to sit by her window seat. Exhausted, she closed her eyes and rested her head against the window.

Now she just had to wait. Wait and hope that no one learned about her escape. She also hoped that Matt and Nick were able to save Jessica.

The waiting and hoping was going to be hell on her nerves.

Her bedroom door crashed open.

Before she had the chance to open her eyes she was yanked to her feet by her hair. A gasp of surprise was torn from her. Sarah bit back a whimper of pain but could do nothing about the tears that formed in her eyes.

"Damn you!" Her father growled, "I know you had something to do with this."

Sarah reached back for her hair, trying to relieve some of the pressure but he would have none of that. He gave her hair another yank that had her bending backwards.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

It took all of her strength to keep her scent from giving her away. Her father could smell a lie from a mile away.

"No one outside of the pack knew and no one else would dare to betray me!" He snarled inches away from her face, punctuating every word with another hard yank of her hair.

"It wasn't me!" She argued as she looked at him square in the eyes.

He didn't believe her. With rage simmering in his eyes he drew his hand back and slapped her across the face. The force of his backhand sent her flying across the floor and Sarah knew better than to get back up. She knew better than to wipe away the blood from her lip or look up at him.