Chapter 5

Donna wanted to stay and watch Keithie and Lenny play football. Greg and Andre left with Charlotte. Rosalie got picked up by her dad. I sat on the bleachers. Donna was pretending to be a cheerleader.

"K-E-I-T-H-I-E! Keithie, Keithie, Keithie! Whoo! Uh huh!" said Donna as she twirled around.

"It's a practice Donna! You don't have to go full speed." said Lenny.

"Sorry, Mr. Feder." said Donna.

"It's fine. Look at these giant mooses out there. You don't want to get in the middle of all that. Plus the kicker, honestly, is one of the most important guys on the team and you don't have to worry about your head getting bashed in every play." said Lenny.

"I get it, dad! I'm a wimp!" said Keithie.

"You're not a wimp, Keithie! I believe in you!" I shouted.

"Thanks, Juliana! You're not a wimp. It's just common sense. Avoid big idiots trying to hurt you." said Lenny.

"I trying to avoid a big idiot trying to hurt me  this morning and after school but he wouldn't leave me alone." said Keithie.

"Sometimes they won't let you avoid 'em. You can't back down in those situations. I backed down a few times...it's not a good feeling. Let's just kick a few field goals. It's like soccer, which your great at. All you gotta do is put your foot right through the ball." said Lenny.

Keithie nodded and exhaled. He ran and kicked the football. It went into the field goal.

"Yes!" said Keithie

"What?" said Lenny

"Whoo!" shouted Donna.

"Way to go , Keithie!" I said as I ran out onto the field.

"Touchdown! Yeah!" said Donna.

"That's ridiculous! You're first try? All right, we're backing up boy!" said Lenny.

"Oh, my god, Keithie! That was so cool! That was like awesome!" said Donna.

"Calm down, Donna!" I giggled.

"Okay, drive through the ball." said Lenny.
Keithie kicked it again. It went through the field goal.

"Whoo! Yeah! Go, Keithie!" shouted Donna.

"Yes! What did you eat this morning? Okay, this is starting to get into college level!" said Lenny

"Who the hell is this kid?" said a football coach.

They were watching Keithie. He kicked it again. It went through the field goal.

"Whoa-ho-ho!" said Keithie

"Oh, my god!" said Lenny.

"Stop, Keithie time! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!" said Donna

"Donna!" I laughed.

"Your girlfriend really loves you." said Lenny as Donna started doing the worm.

"I know. I love her, too." smiled Keithie

"Let's see how you do in a real came situation. Okay, let's pretend I'm a linebacker and I'm going to come at you and try and block it." said Lenny.

"Okay." said Keithie as he backed up.

"Set! Hike! I'm a crazy linebacker! Give me that football!" said Lenny

He ran towards Keithie and tripped as Keithie kicked the ball. He fell on Keithie. I heard a weird sound.

"Oh, my leg!" said Keithie.

"Keithie!" screamed Donna

"Oh, shit!" I said