Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter Four

"Are you prepared to have your mind just totally blown?" AJ, a member of Carter's band, says to me and strums crazily on his electric guitar. He acts as if they're a metal band, but they're pop with a bit of rock. So, I don't know what's up with this guy. I just laugh.

"I don't want to be disappointed," I tease Carter. He smirks and gently elbows me in the side.

"Silence, we're preparing," he says, amusement dancing in his eyes. I pretend to zip my lips, lock them, and throw away the key. The boys chuckle and start to rehearse their song.

"Annie, Austin." Mrs. Emerson says, walking over to us with Mr. Emerson.

"Yeah?" Austin asks, looking up from the iPad he's borrowing from one of the boys. He's using some drawing app, since he's always loved to draw. He's really good at it, too.

"Don't forget our flight is at nine," she reminds us. I nod, feeling a lump in my throat. Austin stays silent, looking at the floor.

"And don't worry about anything, we have it all covered. Clothes packed, tickets, a rented car for when you guys get to Indiana, it's all done," Mr. Emerson says.

"Thank you guys, so much. This honestly means a lot to me." They both pull us into a tight hug, making me laugh softly.

"What's the group hug for?" Tyler asks. I look up to see all of the boys watching us.

"Annie, Austin and I are going on a small trip," Mrs. Emerson says.

"So, why were you giving them a hug?" Ryder asks, amusement in his eyes. Mrs. Emerson smirks.

"I was hugging my husband, is that okay?" she teases. He chuckles and nods.

"I suppose so," he says and walks up to me. He gives me a hug, then does the brother handshake hug thing with Austin. "Have fun, guys."

"Oh, I'll try." It will be totally impossible to have any fun this weekend.

"When are you guys leaving and coming back?" Tyler asks, also giving me a hug.

"We're leaving after the show, and coming back Tuesday morning," Mrs. Emerson says.

"You better call and tell me what you thought of our band," Carter says, pulling me into a hug.

"If I can find a phone, I will," I say with a laugh.

"Speaking of that," Mr. Emerson says. I look over at him with an eyebrow raised. "Nick told us you guys didn't have phones and every teenager should have a phone, especially if you're out of the state."

"So, we got you phones," Mrs. Emerson finishes, pulling two iPhone boxes out of her purse. My jaw drops and I stare at the box in awe.

"Is she frozen?" Bradley whispers to Randy. Randy shrugs and taps my shoulder. I give him a smile and they both let out a sigh, like they really thought I froze.

"You guys didn't have to do that, and I can't accept this," Austin says, shaking his head and handing it back to them.

"You can and you will," Mr. Emerson says with a smile. Mrs. Emerson places the box in his hands, and I continue to stare in awe at mine.

"Thank you so much." I look up at them with tears welling up in my eyes. Mrs. Emerson gives me a hug and discretely wipes my tears away.

"Not a problem, sweetheart. And there's a light blue case that goes with that. And an orange one for you, Austin," she says, pulling two plastic boxes out of her purse. I smile and take a box from her hands. Austin takes the other.