9

Edited.

Lucy's Pov

The lights are romantically dimmed but I can see pink roses decorated everywhere and a small table set for our meal and another table containing a light pink frosted cake.

"Girls love pink, right? I hope you like it." Jake's famous smirk peeks out of the corners of his mouth. I nod, chuckling softly. "It's beautiful, thank you."

He slides out a chair for me, I sit down and he occupies the chair in front of me after bringing out the food he prepared. "Lasagna?"

He nods enthusiastically, "I had some help from my mom but it still tastes good." Now that the topic came up, he's never really mentioned his mom or any relatives as it is. Shouldn't she be here? I mean, it's their home afterall.

"Where is your mom, Jake?" I roam my eyes around before stuffing another forkfull of lasagna into my mouth.

He shrugs, "Not sure, my family went out since I said I was bringing you here. Did his family not want to meet me or did Jake tell them to go out?

I decided not to pay to much attention to it and focus back on Jake and the lasagna.

♡♡♡♡

The doorbell rings and I look up at Jake. We decided to watch a movie on the couch since we finished our meal. "Your parents are back." Maybe I will get to meet them. Jake stood up and stretched his arms, letting out a groan of exhaustion. "They're not my parents, they're your visitors."

That's silly, how would they be my visitors if this isn't even my house? No one knows I'm here besides my mom. The second he opens the door I see my two best friends shouting, "Happy birthday!!" Brenda and Daisy each carry a gift in their hand before giving it to me. I thank them and look at Jake.

"Anyone want cake?" Jake smirks. "It's pink." He really was proud of the color of the cake. Brenda and Daisy bounced behind him, I followed.

As my two best friends and Jake sing to me, I find myself being thankful for these people. They may not be much but as the saying goes: Quantity doesn't matter in friendship, Quality does.