The Calm Just Before the Storm

Hey ladies and gents! Sorry it took awhile, had some internet issues. This Chapter gets a little rough but it has a meaning for later on. Enjoy! Please vote/comment if you like it!

----

I watched from the DJ booth, just about to put some music on, when I saw Taylor get down on one knee. I looked on intently as Lacee was sitting on a table facing him, with an eyebrow cocked.

“Baby…” Taylor slurred, grabbing Lacee’s hand, “Will you puuuuuuhlease let Zyler and I play Xbox all night?”

Lacee was clearly annoyed, pulling her hand away from him, looking to her nails, as she rolled her eyes, “You are such an ass.” She put the ball of her foot, with her high heel still on, against his shoulder and pushed him over, before hopping off the table.

Taylor laid on the ground chuckling, while Zyler stood in pure amusement before offering his hand to help his little brother up. I let out a laugh under my breath, in a sense I knew he wasn’t going to propose. Even if Taylor didn’t want to admit it, he had a romantic side and this would not be the way he would ask for her hand. Going back to what I was about to do, sipping on my cranberry vodka, as I turned the music on.

Tonight by Ne-Yo started to bump through the speakers and I hopped up on the table, signaling Lacee to come forth and dance with me. Her mood seemed to change in an instance and she gladly joined me. I finished my drink and set the glass down, looking to her.

“Tonight I will love love you tonight. Give me everything tonight. For all we know we might not get tomorrow. Lets do it tonight.” We sang with our hands pointing towards each other.

I love thing song. I put my hands in the air and swung my hips to the beat once it started. Lacee matching my rhythm, we danced as if no one was watching.

Grab somebody sexy tell them hey! Give me everything tonight.

I grabbed Lacee’s hand and we grinded against each other, our hips hitting every beat with fierce. I already felt myself being parched and let her go, forcing myself to grab another cranberry vodka. Looking around as I made it, I saw the guys watching the both of us. Their heads were moving between her and I, whispering to each other. I knew better, they were definitely up to something. Taking a drink, I made a face, oh that one is sure strong.

Excuse me, excuse me. I might drink a little more than I should tonight. Cause I might take you home with me if I could tonight.

I continued to suck on my straw as my eyes were fixed on Zyler. Dang, he’s so sexy with his black button up, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He had a little gel in his hair that gave the perfect little spike. Oh, get a hold of yourself. As he made his way over to me I tried to ignore the butterflies that were developing in my stomach. Why does he have this effect on me?

Grab somebody sexy tell them hey! Give me everything tonight.

“Hey.” Zyler grinned putting his hand out towards me.

I offered him my drink, assuming that is what he wanted, “Do you want me to make you one?”

Zyler put his nose to it, sniffed, and blinked setting it down, “Want to dance?”

Oh. I felt like an idiot. Great. I grabbed my drink to finish it first, “Sure.”

“You must have a date with John later.” He chuckled.

I think I just melted. No, for the most part I’m still composed, “John?” As my eyebrow automatically perked up.

“You know the toilet?” He chuckled again grabbing my hand and pulling me onto the floor.