19- Close to trouble

The movie finally finishes and my Mountain Dew as well as the chips were over. "What's the time?" Joe asks, stretching sleepily.

I look at the clock, 10 pm.

"Joe! Its 10 pm! Mum and dad will be here any minute!!" I practically yell.

"You're kidding right?! That movie lasted blimmin' ages!" He says, standing up.

"That doesn't matter! Let's clean this place up!" I say, looking at the couch, which had chips everywhere. Plus there were two blankets and all the couch cushions were messed up.

"Oh I'll get the broom." He says, jogging to the storage room, where all the cleaning supplies were.

I wait for him, nervously.

I look out of the window. All clear.

He comes back with the vacuum cleaner. "Didn't you say broom?" I ask.

"Yeah. But this is faster." He says, plugging it in.

The vacuum cleaner starts up and he starts cleaning the couch with it.

I take the blankets and fold them. I keep it on the table while we clean the couch.

I place the cushions properly. He finishes the vacuuming and turns it off. He unplugs it and puts it back.

I place the blankets on the couch and look outside. Dad's car just came and he was about to park it.

"Joe! Mum and Dad came! They are parking the car!" I yell.

"Oh OK!" He yells back. I go to the kitchen and throw out the empty chips packet.

I hear someone put the key in the keyhole.

Oh God. I run towards the stairs.

"Hey! Did you guys have fun?" I hear Joe say.

I run upstairs and hear muffled voices.

I get in my room and turn off the lights. I go to my bed and cover myself with the duvet. I face away from the door.

Someone, who I think is mum, opens the door to check on me. "Nice job babysitting Joe!" Now I'm sure its mum.

"It was pretty fun. You have no idea..." He says, making me smile.

I hear the door shut and let out a sigh of relief. I toss around my bed. Tomorrow is another stupid day of school.

Might as well face the music am I right? That is the saying right?

Whatever.

I soon fall asleep. Today has officially been the worst, yet somehow best, day of my life.

Its the worst because of Evelyn and the punishment, but best because I snuck out and broke rules and still didn't get caught. Except when the teacher took away my phone. I wasn't gonna have it for the rest of the week anyways so she could have just kept it with her.

Either way, I wont be getting my phone until next week and I'll be surprised if I don't go nuts.

-

I wake up the next morning at 7:00. I finished getting dressed and I go downstairs. Mum was awake and getting Callum ready for school. Joe and Dad were fast asleep so it was pretty quiet. I go outside and sit down on the front steps while I wait for Louis. It was still winter so there was snow everywhere. I loved winter. I love how white and peaceful it looks especially in the morning when its empty and silent. I really loved the peace.

I look at my watch, 7:32 am. Louis will be here any minute.

I continue looking around and I finally see Louis. I stand up and we walk to school. "What exactly happened?" Louis asks.

"When? I did a lot of stuff yesterday." I say.

"After Starbucks. When your parents went out." He says.

"Well, Joe and I sat on the couch, watching the Pretty Little Liars movie, and drinking Mountain Dew and finishing all the chips." I say.

"What about Callum?" He asks.

"He was asleep. And besides, why do you care?" I ask.

"Some people look out for their friends." He says, sarcastically.

"And I have the best friends in the world!" I say, hugging him tightly.

"Aww, Thanks!" He says, smiling.

We reach the school and we go in. "Well, I got to go get my books from my locker. I'll catch you later!" he says.

"K." I say.

We both go our opposite directions and I walk to my locker, hoping she would act a little nicer like during the school dance planning yesterday.

I walk towards my locker where Evelyn and her posse were talking. I open my locker and put my bag in. "Well, if it isn't Miss Eleanor Deyes?" She says, folding her arms and standing up straight.

Nope. She is the same ol' mean girl she always was.

I just ignore her and take my books out.

"Oh. So its the silent treatment then huh? Well two can play at that game!" She says, pretending to zip her mouth shut.

I slam my locker shut and walk away from her.

That girl just cant go one day without creating a competion or insulting me, can't she?