Chapter 49

49.

We'd wriggled around a bit during the night, Harry half on top of me at one point before I woke him and pushed him off. It couldn't have been more than an hour later until I was coaxed from a contented sleep by Harry prodding at my cheek. Apparently I had taken it upon myself to coerce the duvet from him in my heavy-eyed state. My body had huddled up in the majority of the covers leaving him somewhat cold and bare. I distinctly remembered Harry calling me a "sausage roll" as he laughed before playfully fighting with me to win back his half. Once victorious, I'd warmed his cool skin as we repositioned and cuddled down into the bed facing each other. My fingers had brushed his cheek, the pitch black of the room forcing me to discover his smile with the only indication available to me. Harry sleepily giggled as I pressed the pad of my thumb into his dimple.

"It's late love, go to sleep."

When morning broke I discovered Harry, sprawled out on the mattress and limiting me to the small strip he had left. I was on my back, Harry on his front with his arm resting on my stomach, fingers splayed and lightly gripping my side. Even in sleep he wouldn't let me stray too far.

Harry's POV

Giggling. That's what I could hear as I attempted to brush away the invisible nuisance blowing a draft to the back of my neck. Before Bo, I had only ever really woken up to the sound of my alarm clock or the rays of light infiltrating through the bedroom blinds. But with her, she seemed to discover new ways of rousing me from sleep. I turned my head to the right on the pillow, tightening my arm around the body that was currently wiggling in my embrace. My eyes remained closed, wishing to fall back into a comfortable sleep, but my pursuit of rest proved unsuccessful. Another blast of warm air could be felt, this time on my right cheek.

"Harry." She quietly prodded with her words.

Upon receiving my groan of complaint, Bo took the opportunity to take my ear lobe between her teeth, lightly tugging before her voice was heard again.

"Harry..shift over."

She had told me before that I hardly left any room for her to lie. I guess it was a difficult habit to break after becoming accustomed to having the whole of the double mattress for a number of years. Even when I brought girls back, none of them would stay. It was almost like they knew I had nothing else to give other than sex. There was no emotion in it, no cuddling afterwards. I always awoke to an empty bed in the morning. Always alone. And until now I hadn't realised what was missing.

"It's too early." My tone strained.

Bo laughed as I reluctantly rolled onto my back. She gravitated towards me, curling up into my side. I couldn't explain it; there was just something about waking up with the person you adored. Being able to wrap your arms around them and freely speak words of love. Long hair tickled at my uncovered expanses, big blue eyes peering up at me. She really was a pretty sight.

"You're warm." I hummed as Bo snuggled further into me, her skin heated against my own. "And very naked." I appreciatively admired.

A hand batted mine away as I tried to feel her up. My laughing resulted in a light punch to my left shoulder.

"What time is it?"

"Time for you to get up." Bo poked at my stomach.

"Or" I rolled to my side "maybe it's time for you to make me a cup of tea."

I grinned in hopes of convincing her to abandon comfort for my needs, but it only caused her eyebrows to raise.

"You're kidding." She remarked.

Her eyes fell to my deliberately pouted lips as I shifted to hover over her.

"I love you."

"Aww." Bo cooed, fingers brushing my cheek. "I love you too, but I'm still not making you a cup of tea, you cheeky bastard." She wickedly laughed, flicking my nose before shoving me off and back to the mattress.