Chapter 2

The car finally stopped outside a pair of huge metal gates. The driver of the car, a man with short, brown hair and a stubble stepped out of the car and walked over to the gates. He must have typed in a code of some sort as the gates opened. He was dressed casually and looked quite young - maybe in his late twenties. Hallie looked about the same age.

We drove up a long pebbled driveway until we reached a large Victorian house. Five people were standing outside. Three men and two women. They all had ebony-black skin and browny-black hair. The women had their long hair braided whereas the men's hair was short. From this distance they looked pretty much identical. The car stopped and we all got out except the driver - he went to go and park the car. The five people introduced themselves.

One of the women stepped forwards, "Hello, Pentagones. My name is Mmoja. I am the creator of Chris," I caught shoot a wink at Chris.

One of the men stepped forwards next, "My name is Mbilli. I am the creator of Amelie," He spotted me next to Naomi and Chris and smiled, his eyes were full of emotion. I couldn't help but smile back, even though this whole thing was a nightmare.

Another man stepped forwards, "My name is Tatu. I am the creator of Will," His eyes searched the three of us and then stopped, looking sad, "I see he is still a lost Pentagone."

The last woman stepped forwards, "My name is Nne. I am the creator of Naomi," She waved at Naomi and Naomi waved back.

The final man stepped forwards, "My name is Tano. I am the creator of Jake, who I see is still, like Will, a lost Pentagone."

Tano gestured for us to follow him and the other members of the Tanumbaji inside.

They led Chris, Naomi, Hallie and I to a room that looked like a sitting room. We all sat down and waited for someone to speak. At last, Tatu spoke.

"You must all be very confused right now."

I leant towards Chris who was sitting beside me, "Have you been here before?"

"I don't know anymore than you now. I've told you all I know. If I knew where we were I would have told you."

I turned my attention back to Tatu, "I know you three have a rough idea what's going on but a rough idea is not enough, you need to know exactly what's going on."

I leant back into the chair I was in and waited anxiously.

"We," He pointed to himself and the four other members of the Tanumbaji, "Are the Tanumbaji, your creators. Firstly, I think you need to know a bit of history. We are originally from the planet Htrae. Htrae has a twin in your solar system. That twin, is Earth. They were created at the same time. For many years, people and animals passed from one planet to another as they were connected by a bridge. However, in the time of the cavemen, the bridge broke and Htrae and Earth separated. Htrae spun out of your solar system. Htrae is know known as Htrae the Lost Planet amongst our people."

"How come we've never heard of it?" I asked, intrigued.

"Because no one knows about it on Earth. Htrae has been forgotten."

"Are the people on Htrae the same as the people on Earth?"

"Not completely," Tatu continued, "We have evolved differently to you in some ways."

"How have you evolved differently?" Naomi leant forwards in her seat.

"We don't sleep, for one thing."

Chris raised his eyebrows and let out a low whistle, "Wow...that is...weird."

"As the years went on, Htrae became less full of peace and more full of fear. A terrorist group called the Wauaji began to take over and now they rule completely. That's where you come in. Seventeen years ago, we became desperate. So, we decided to create you. You are half Htraean and half Earthean. The mix of the two breeds sparks a power inside you."

"Power?" I asked, suddenly rather excited.

"Yes, a power. We haven't discovered what your powers are yet though but we can tell you they'll all be different. We believe that with your help, Htrae can become peaceful again."

I turned to look at Chris. For some reason his eyes were full of anger, "So you made us, in a laboratory, just...to use us?"

Tatu sighed, "No. We don't want to use you at all. it's completely up to you what you do next. Come with us...or stay here and live normal lives."

"Why did we get adopted?" Naomi questioned Tatu.

"The Wauaji became suspicious so we managed to come back to Earth using a spaceship we made and hid you all over Britain for your safety and ours. It's been seventeen years now, so we hope they will have lost their suspicions."

"How do we get to Htrae? Use the spaceship?"

"No. We aren't going back to Htrae. It's not safe. You need to be able to get out quickly."

"So...how are we meant to help if we can't go to Htrae?" Naomi was still the one talking.

"When we created you, we made you so that you visit Htrae in your sleep, if you want too. Then, when you wake up, you leave instantly without a trace."

That explained the weird dreams.

"So," Tatu looked at all of us in turn, "Are you in? Your creator will be there for you every step of the way."

Mmoja, Mbilli, Nne and Tano nodded.

I looked at Chris and Naomi. They were both smiling. Then, I said, "We'll do it."