Chapter 1

© Copyright

Chapter 1~ New School

Eureka~ (pronounced Erika) POV

Dear listeners,

My name is Eureka. My mom and I are currently looking for a new start. We are finally leaving Virginia because we both have had a couple problems back home. She was fired from the job she had for 5 years and I have been broken for a while now. I'm personally hoping for a place where won't be afraid, a home to heal, and a place with a little less drama, but that would be hoping for a miracle.

Thank you for listening. Goodbye.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "Typical teen pity story". Well let me tell you are wrong... that is just me saying goodbye to the people who didn't know me. I'm weird like that but honestly who doesn't want to be remembered by the place they grew up in? Which is why I would say goodbye to my teen pity story blog.

2 weeks later...

Hopefully, a new school and a new town will help me forget what happened in Virginia. My last boyfriend was cruel and abusive... he was also someone I could never escape. What am I supposed to do if he tries to find me? Shut up brain! I told myself while I started getting ready for the day. I need to think forget about that monster. How about thinking of all the weird looks I'm gonna get. Yeah, let's go with that. In Virginia, I had few friends, but not because I was a geek or nerd. It was because I was always the lone wolf, the silent one, or as some said the untouchable, but honestly I just did not like the people there and decided not to talk to them. It was my first year at that school too.Oh who am I kidding?

Okay, so most people would have changed there looks completely, but I think I am fine the way I am. Appearance wise, I think I look decent. I have raven colored hair and deep green eyes that are like the depths of a forest. I'm going to school in my typical blue jeans, black tank top, black army boots, and a black jacket, which make me feel completely invincible. I love the way I am and would not change anything about myself, except maybe my past. I would not even change my more than often, messy hair. I have to get my head in the game and focus on the now instead of lingering in the past.

"Come on now, Eureka, You are a sophmore at Durnham Valley High. Focus!" I pep talked myself.

"Morning, Mom." I said, trying not to sound like I'm going insane.

Garron~ POV

*beep...beep...beep*

I grunted as I turned over and hit the alarm. The time read 6:15. "Arghh!" Why do we have to get up so early for school? I mean 7am, come on now! I ran towards my bathroom quickly washed up, and after I threw on shirt, socks, and shoes. Then I started packing my bag tousing in my wallet and notebooks. Wait! I ran back to my room to retrieve my gun, then headed towards the front door of my appartment.

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and quickly poured myself a bowl of 'Frosted Flakes'. Then I grabbed my keys and was out the door.

Eureka~ POV

"Morning, mom"

"Good morning, Hun." My mom said with an innocent smile. "You ready for school? It starts in half an hour."

"Ya I'm ready." I said as I grabbed some toast she made for me.

"Are you sure?" she asked, while walking towards the bathroom to finish touch ups for her first day on the job. She works as a realtor for the only realty business in this town.

"Yes, Mom, I'm sure." I said looking after her and shaking my head. I know she cares, but every time she asks she makes me double think.

"Okay, grab the keys and wait for me in the car!"

"Got it!" I said already out the door. We had a Volkswagen beetle. Yes, a beetle. I love them cause they are so funny looking and it manages to get us around, so why not. It is the blue that shines purple if the sun catches it just right. That is my favorite color. Actually, I like all colors for different reasons I could name them all off. Especially, blue, green, red, and white. Blue for water, green for plants and earth, red for fire, and white for wind because wind.

Garron~ POV

As I pulled into the school's patiently I realized it was empty. What? Do we have today off? No we can't I'm sure I checked... After a couple minutes of confusion, I remembered I had set my alarm clock an hour ahead so the alarm would appear to be going off at the correct time. It's only 6 and school starts at 7. I officially have some time to kill, not literally. I think I might go get some food. Why do students have to get up so early?

Still debating over going to get food or staying at the school, I had a feeling I'm gonna hate this mission more than the last. Why did they have to choose me to babysit the girl? Durham Valley High. In the end I decided to go get some food from the closest grocery store.

Are all of my security cameras I set up last night up and running? I better check. My phone started vibrating, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I said recognizing the voice on the opposite line.

"Hey, Garron," Jim greeted. I instantly knew something was up.

I replied, "What do you need me to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all for reading. Please vote, this is my first book ever and I think it is good. If you have any comments please leave them below. I will take all comments seriously whether they are good or bad. I want to improve my writing and creativity skills by listening to your comments. Also if you have any comments on the characters so far, I'd love to hear them. Again, thank you so much for reading! Love you all