Chapter 1- A New Beginning

~I want you to stay...~ Rihanna's song "Stay" blared through my teal Skullcandy headphones so loud that I hadn't realized that we have landed in London, England. My stomach filled up with butterflies with the thought of having to make new friends in a completely different continent.

Lets backtrack, my name is Jasmine and my father abandoned my mother and I at birth. My mom has just received a new job offer that required her to move to London from our home in Edmonton, Alberta. We were in debt at that time and this job offer payed a lot and could help us.

Back to the present, I have many problems of my own. I am so insecure that even the slightest giggle directed to me makes me burst into tears. I'm not the most attractive person, with my dark brown eyes, jet black hair and big teeth.But being shy is the worst part of me. Back in Edmonton, I had no friends because all I would do is study in the school's library, I was too scared to even talk to anyone. Negative thoughts raced through my mind as I dragged my carry-on behind me walking down the airplane's aisle.

After exiting the plane, I peered around the airport and spotted my mom's bright red hair with a big smile plastered to her face. It has a been a long time since I've seen that smile. My mom pulled me into a big hug and whispered into my ear "Isn't this amazing? We can even afford a decent house now!" 

Nervous giggles came out from me. I was truly thrilled for my mom but I don't think I will ever fit in.

We got a taxi and a chubby, rough looking man with piercing blue eyes, a stubbly head and crooked yellow teeth greeted us.  

"Hello ladies. Where are we heading today?" He spoke with a fancy English man accent. 

"To 138 Yorkshire Grove" my mom answered while loading our luggage into the trunk of the yellow taxi.

The taxi ride was fairly long. I pulled my Skullcandy headphones out of my rose colored Jansport backpack. My mom was conversing with the taxi driver as I slowly started to doze off.

"Honey! We're here!!" My mom hollered. 

I let out a little groan and pulled myself up. I gently slipped off my earphones and stuffed it into my bag. The house that stood in front of me caught me off guard. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, compared to the "shack" we used to live in. The white tiled roof gleamed in the sunlight. The grey stone exterior was definitely an upgrade from our previous house. There was a tiny white garage to the left of the house and 3 steps leading up to the shiny, black door. It was definitely the best sight I have seen in a while.

I looked at the mini slope in front of my house and excitement immediately shot through my body. I followed my mom into the house and the "new house" smell wafted through the air. I scrunched my nose because I detested this smell. I run up and examined all three rooms. I chose the one on the far right because the bathroom was right beside it. A whole bathroom to myself was probably the biggest improvement. I dropped my backpack off at my creme colored door.  

"MOOOOM. When is our moving boxes coming?" I screamed. 

"In the evening." She replied as she strolled up the steps carpeted steps. 

"Hey I'm gonna go for a ride on my penny board okay?" I questioned. 

"Make sure you have a helmet!" 

I bolted back to my room and dragged my neon pink penny board and white stripped helmet out of her bag and anxiously sprinted out the door.

At last, some good boarding time! Jasmine thought to herself. I dropped my penny board harshly on the ground and placed my right foot on the slightly tarnished surface. My white polkadot red converse gripped the board. With a deep breath, my left foot pushed of and there I was, speeding down the hill with great speed. Suddenly, I couldn't control myself and my penny board tipped too much I the right throwing my balance off. Suddenly, everything became slow motion. My torso slammed onto the ground leaving me gasping for air, my elbows and the side of my right leg made contact with the pavement, scratching them to the point when they bled. There was just pain and I blacked out as my head (with a helmet) plummeted to the ground.

*****************************************

"Where am I?" I moaned while trying to open my heavy eyelids. I was lying on a rather comfy bed. The room smelt of Hollister perfume. My helmet seemed to have been removed and it hurt to turn my head. My shirt was lifted up to the rim of my black bra. Everything hurt so badly.  

"Hello. I'm glad you came to." A deep male voice muttered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this :) Sorry if this is really badly written :( If you liked this, please make sure you vote! Feel free to comment :)