Legacy Guardians of the Arcanus Region

In the realm of Pokemon, there exists a small region practically unheard of. It rests just above the Unova region, but with so much buzz solely about Unova-all the colorful fashions and advanced technology attracting so much attention-one can imagine how little "publicity" it received. However, because its border was a forest that extended the whole way across, everyone figured it to be a smaller, forested part of Unova. Only those who managed to travel beyond the immense forest knew the truth of its existence. This is the region of Arcanus.

Niminah could recall in her childhood when her mother would tell her bedtime stories like this. As a child, she liked to indulge in these stories. She would dream of going to this unpopular region and exploring the grassy fields and dark caves she imagined it had. She could get lost in her fantasies for hours on end. Thoughts of what kind of Pokemon it had plagued her mind and she would fill journals of what she felt they might resemble. Would it have the same kind as Unova due to the close proximities of the two regions or would it have its own kind as every region does? Whenever she would bring the subject up with her mother, she was left without much of an answer. "Sweetheart, stop believing in all those silly fairytales already; you're not a little kid anymore." Gradually, over the years, her mother's choice of adjectives changed from silly to boring, and from boring to dumb. By age ten they had become stupid. Now at 15 years, her mother tells her to grow up and stop being so naïve.

"No," Niminah told herself, "I'd rather chase after these 'childish' dreams of mine. I know there's something out there... There just has to be," she said as she gazed out her window from a two story house in Opelucid town. Her eyes scanned across the tops of countless trees. "The stories had to have come from somewhere."

This was her theory. One she has held close for years now. It was also one that had been shot down by many countless times.

--------------------------------------╟┼-----------------------------------------

Niminah awoke on a chilly morning in her pastel blue room. She stretched her arms above her head with a yawn before finally opening her jade green eyes. She tossed her dark blue sheets to the side and swung her legs over the bed and into a pair of small Cottonee slippers. Her Tranquill stirred from its makeshift nest at the corner of her bed but remained asleep. A smile crossed her lips as she reached a hand over and ruffled its feathers before bouncing over to her closet and throwing the cream colored doors open. After scanning over the many articles of clothing-though they were all the same outfit-she chose the hangers closest to her and tossed them across the room where they landed on the seat of a maroon rolling chair, causing it to spin around. She reached down and grabbed one of the three pairs of black slip-ons that had two stripes running down the middle-the left red and the right green.

She dropped them on the chair as well before crossing the dark tiled flooring to her mahogany dresser and opening the bottom drawer to retrieve a pair of black leggings. She stripped off her dark green, pink laced, Lilligant nightgown and slipped into them. She proceeded to take one of the hangers from beneath her shoes and took the white tube top with a red cross on the front, the horizontal line wrapping around the back, and put it on over her slightly tanned skin. Next she slid into her sky blue mini skirt that had a slit along the left side that stopped four inches below her hip. The slit caused the left side of the skirt to reveal a good portion of her left thigh, but this hardly seemed to bother her. In Niminah's mind, as long as she had her leggings, it wasn't a problem. To make sure the skirt stayed, she slipped a one inch wide black belt through the loops on the skirt. Finally, she put on a long-sleeved blue jacket that stretched across only the top part of her chest and zipped it up all the way to the top of her throat. Though it clung to her in a similar fashion to a turtle neck, she felt it was comfortable nonetheless.