UNMASK ME : By emilytaylorinkie

Genre(s): Action & Science fiction

(Below the numbers I have given were correct on May 16th 2013 at 5:00pm)

Reads: 96,063

Votes: 1,228

Comments: 229

Rating: PG/13

Blurb: "Aleria wants nothing to do with Supers, but when she meets the alluring, vigilante Shade, things start to become complicated. She's quick to learn that some masks are invisible... and no one is who they seem."

My Review:

Aleria seems like your typical university student.

She has a part-time job down at her friend's café and when she isn't working down there scrubbing down tables and serving people, she is down at her university receiving lectures from her professors and being terrorized by the bad boy Sam who always seems to be late to his classes.

It all seems pretty normal until we realize there is something ever so slightly unusual about the whole situation...

...she lives in a world full of wannabe superheroes and villains.

Then suddenly after her university lecturer revokes her report on how lame superheroes are, she finds herself invariantly thrown into the very world she'd been trying to escape all this years.

Her new report sends her on a path to find the mysterious Shade everyone has been talking about.

The same Shade everyone has been spreading rumors around saying about that he is neither a villain nor a superhero but some kind of vigilante. He works in the shadows, staying away from the limelight unlike the rest of the heroes and villains who do it only for the fame and fortune.

And he is messing around in things that shouldn't be messed around with.

In other words; He is messing around with Noxevis.

Aleria finds herself entranced by the scary but mysterious Shade and finds that she is beginning to question everything and everyone around her when she finds that her friends and 'adopted' family are keeping secrets from her.

The very mysteries that have been haunting her come out into the light and she finds all the walls she has put in place over the years come tumbling down.

But the question is; what will she do once she finds out what's really going on beneath the surface?

*

This is by far one of the best stories on Wattpad I have ever seen. Some stories just seem to stand out from the crowd like this one and I can assure this story should definitely be in your 'must-read' list.

Emilyaylorinkie (the author) even from right at the very beginning, manages to make the reader truly entranced with her story, creating the feelings of danger and suspense within it with her detailed description. Her prologue sets you on edge and is brilliant in the way it keeps it impersonal (by not mentioning any names) yet very personal to the reader at the same time by the way she describes the scene down to the last detail.

The storyline even just by itself; is very captivating and full of danger, action and romance all packed into one. So this is definitely the right kind of story for anyone who likes those genres. It focuses on how bravery is important no matter whom you are, but how bravery can also come at a cost and is not entirely risk free.

The only criticism I can give to this book is how the chapters are laid out, which tends to be a bit confusing as there are many 'parts' to each chapter that have been posted separately which perhaps could have been published together in one big chapter rather than separate 'mini' chapters that tend to be only 2 pages long.

But overall this story is one of the best of its kind and has the perfect balance of description and dialogue that thrills not bores the reader. So if you have the time READ THIS STORY, I can promise you that you won't regret it.

LINK TO STORY: http://www.wattpad.com/story/346634-unmask-me-completed

*ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEAVE A MINI STATEMENT ON WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THIS STORY, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL (stripedsocksrule@gmail.com) WITH YOUR COMMENT AND USERNAME AND WILL CHOOSE THE BEST FEW IN THE NEXT COMING DAYS TO POST IN THIS SPOT LATER.*

-If you wish for me to do a review on your story for the next post; comment on my profile or on my emails, as I will be choosing a story soon to do for my next review within the next few days-

Good luck with all your future stories guys!

Galaxy Socks :)