My Sunshine

WARNING: CONTAINS ANGST!
______________________________

     Eren had seen it all happen; right in front of his eyes, and he didn't even attempt to move. He had stood there, frozen, unable to yell out, unable to warn Levi about the oncoming titan.

     He watched as Levi sliced off the nape of a titan's neck, moving on towards the next, this one a tad taller.

     He finally regained his voice. "C-Captain!"

     Levi turned around having finished with the two titans that threw themselves at him. "What is it, brat?"

     Eren had started sprinting across the field in hopes of getting to Levi in time. "Behind you!"

     But, it was already too late. He watched as the titan picked Levi up, his pairing blades slipping out of his grasp. Eren heard Levi curse, slightly thrashing around in the harsh grip the titan had on him. He didn't have his blades, so how in the everlasting fuck was he supposed to get out?!

"Shit!" Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! "Let go of my captain, you son of a bitch! Let him go!" He shot his hooks out on the nearest limb of the titan. "Let him go!" He propelled himself forward, closer. "Let him go!" The hooks flew out once more, planting themselves into the titan's bicep. He shot past its shoulders, effectively slicing the nape of the titan's neck off.

Eren realised his mistake after he had made it; after he settled down on a tree's highest branch. The titan fell to the ground, its grip loosening on Levi. He watched as he slowly understood that Levi was going to fall; because Levi was having trouble with his 3D Manuvering Device. Of all times for his gear to screw up!

And, so, Eren watched in shock as Levi fell until he landed. Unfortunately, Levi didn't land on the field grounds, otherwise he would have landed in a crouching position. No, Levi landed on a branch; through a branch. It was a very thick branch, at that. The branch, Eren saw, had pierced right through the area where Levi's liver was located and oh, fuck.

"H-Heichou!" Eren jumped down from his perch on the branch. He ran to Levi's side, sliding to the ground on his knees. He decided now wasn't the time for formalities and took the risk. "Hey, hey, hey. Sir? Levi, look at me. Look at me, Captain."

"I'm fine," he coughed, a bit of blood dripping from his mouth, "-moron."

"No, you aren't. Are you mad? You look anything, but fine."

"Gee, thanks."

Eren bit back a smart-ass remark, knowing better. "We need to get out of here, quickly."

"No shit."

Eren placed one of his arms under Levi's bent knees and the other arm wound around his waist, completely ignoring Levi's protests. He attempted to pull the shorter man up from the thick branch. Levi scrunched up his face in pain, refusing profusely to wince. Eren was going to find a way to get Levi to safety, an abandoned building would be fine, it just had to be somewhere other than a goddamn open field where titans could find them very easily. Levi was in no shape to fight and anyway Eren wouldn't have let him, consequences be damned.