Chapter 10

Alex's POV

"C'mon man, you're gonna love it!" Taylor gushed pulling me by the arm. "Just let me give you a makeover and get you dressed up!" she added as she basically dragged me in to her bedroom.

"Whatever but I don't want to look like a cake faced clown," I compromised defeated. Taylor squealed in delight as she pulled out her gigantic makeup bag.

"This is going to be so much fun!" She screamed dumping the bag on to her makeup table. "Have a seat Ms. Riley," she stated patting the fluffy chair. I internally groaned before taking a seat.

"I don't want to look like a clown,"  I reminded her with a frown. She chuckled as she took the blush? or was it concealer? foundation? I had no idea. But anyway, she took it and brushed it on my face, all over.

-

"Voila!" Taylor announced spinning me around so I was looking in the mirror. "You look so good omg! I mean you always look great but you look so good, I did amazing!" she added examining my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and for once I felt good about the way I looked. I had come to accept the way I looked even though I wasn't completely happy with it, I was doing fine but now, I felt extremely confident.

"Woah," I managed to say still in awe. "You did such a good job. What the heck," I exclaimed getting up to hug her. She laughed, hugging me, before letting go.

"Don't wanna smear your pretty little face," she laughed patting my head like a dog. "So should I curl your hair or let it go wavy?" she asked picking up a piece of my hair and twirling it.

"Whatever you wanna do, you're the expert here," I replied nonchalantly. Honestly, I was so happy with the way she made my makeup look that I could officially put my looks in her hand.

"This is exciting!" she squealed grabbing the brush and many other hair products.

"Holy cow," I muttered looking at everything she owned.

"Yeah. So, we're going to go with the curled, natural look. Nothing too fancy but not like an everyday curl," she informed me plugging in the curling iron.

"Because I know the difference between the two," I stated laughing as she whacked me upside the head.

"Sit still you rat, I don't want to burn you!" she scolded as I shifted on my butt in the chair.

"It's so uncomfortable," I whined putting on a pouty face.

"Suck it up, you have to look hot," she expressed making me pout again. "I mean you're already hot but still," she added as she curled another piece of hair.

"Whatever you loser," I complied shifting so that I could sit comfortably.

"Jesus Al, you want me to burn you or something?" She asked glaring at me. I gave her a sheepish smile in response.

-

"Surprise!" a whole group of people shouted. I jumped and Taylor laughed wrapping her arm around me.

"What is all of this?" I exclaimed happily as Justin ran up and hugged me.

"My parents thought you should be welcomed with a party so, we set all of this up! You still have one more surprise coming soon," Taylor replied making my eyes water.

"Thank you so much," I mumbled hugging Taylor's parents. They hugged me back before ushering me to go say hello to everyone else. I realized everyone seemed to be here except for Jacob and Austin. To be honest, I was disappointed.

"Sorry, I was dropping my little sister off at her friends for the night," Austin mumbled as he hugged me. He kissed the top of my head and I blushed madly.