Unnatural Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Honey! Come here!” I heard my mom calling, waking me up. Groaning, I sat up, rubbing my face.

“Kat, what’s that awful…What the..” My dad gasped, his eyes growing wide. Confused, I looked around the room. I didn’t see anything wrong, or out of order. “KAT RAIN! What happened?!” My dad began shouting, looking at my broken door on the ground. I sighed internally, and got out of bed. “What happened to.. Was a boy here? Did you have sex? YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY?!!” He roared, grabbing my arm. I yelped as his fingernails sunk into my skin.

“No! I didn’t do anything! Someone broke in, someone tried to kill me! Dad, let go!” I said loudly, trying to pull my arm away. His jaw tightened, and his vice-like grip loosened. I yanked my arm away, rubbing it.

“What?” He said, narrowing his eyes. “Now is not the time to be lying, Kat. Did you have a boy here, or not? If so, what’s his name and where does he live?” He said angrily. Fear began to take over, and I began to lose control of my body.

‘No, don’t do this! He’s my dad, you can’t just kill him! He’s only looking out for me! Don’t hurt him, please!!’ I tried to say, but nothing left my lips. I began to panic, as the person fought for control of me.

“No. And, I’m serious, Alan. Someone did try to kill me.” I said calmly. I fought, trying to regain control of myself. I clenched my hands, my nails digging into my skin.

“Kat, no one broke in. Stop making up ridiculous stories, and tell me what happened!” My dad said, grinding his teeth. Apparently, she’s angry. My blood boiled, and my heartbeat increased. She’s going to hurt him..

“Alan, you have to believe me! Someone broke in! Someone tried to kill me!!” I wailed. “Please, you-” I began, but stopped. My feet shuffled backwards as my hand went to my head.

‘Stop fighting against me. I’ll convince him.’ A voice said, startling me.

“No! You’ll kill him!” I shouted at the voice. She laughed, and my hand suddenly clenched into a fist again, fingernails digging into my skin.

“What? Kat, what the hell is going on? Kill who?” My dad said, kneeling beside me. My head was throbbing, and I knew she was winning. My nails went deeper into my skin, and I cried out in pain.

“How are you doing this?” I asked her, losing my battle against her.

‘I’ll teach you in good time, Destiny.’ She said, before my vision went black, and my body became limp.

*******

“Should we tell her?” My mom asked, looking to my dad for an answer. I felt my body heating up, and I knew I was getting angry. Why didn’t they tell me before?!

“Tell me what?” I asked through my teeth, leaning against the fireplace. She had a pained look on her face, and she avoided looking at me period.

“You’re not.. Kat,” My dad said, sighing. He continued, “we adopted you. You’re name was Destiny Facon, but we changed it.” He said, shame obvious in his dull blue eyes.

“Why would you change my name? Why would you do that to me? I.. I don’t even know my biological parents?” I said, holding my chest. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach, and the breath was knocked out of me. The guy was telling the truth?

“He said it wasn’t safe. You are in danger, and we had to protect you.” My dad explained.

“Does this mean you.. You don’t love me?” I asked, my eyes watering up. They must hate me.

“Of course we love you!” My mom exclaimed, walking over to me and hugging me. Even though she said she loves me, I still feel like she doesn’t. Finding this out now, like this, makes me have a void in my gut. It hurts me more than I thought it would. I have no blood relations with them, how could they mean what they say? I didn’t attempt to hug her back. I just pushed her away.

“How am I in danger?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“You’re the last one.” My dad whispered. My brows furrowed together in confusion. Last one?

“Last of the Facon family, right?” I said, leaning my head back, and against the wall.

“Yes. They all want you dead.” He whispered. A sick feeling set into my stomach, and a lump formed in my throat. Dead? What the hell did I do?!

“They want me dead? But why?” I asked.

“Because of three reasons. One, you are the most powerful one to ever be born. Two, because you come from the Facon family. And three, because you hold every single man’s heart.” My dad said, staring at the floor. My heart skipped a beat as it set in. Most powerful? How..? And, Facon? Is that even an American last name? I hold every man’s heart? That cannot be true, I don’t know every man!

“You’re lying.” I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Really?” He said, looking at me. His eyes held so many emotions, I couldn’t read the hidden message they tried to say.

“Yes. You can’t prove the first one, or the third one.” I said, looking to the ground. My face heated up as I thought about every guy liking me. That’s impossible though.

“I can prove the third one.” He said. I looked up, confused.

“I’ll just.. Go outside then.” My mom said, smiling. I tilted my head to the side, looking my dad in the eyes. The door opened and shut, and me and him were alone.

“Earlier, when I thought you had slept with someone, it wasn’t because I was angry at you. It was because I was jealous.” He whispered, dropping his head into his hands. My stomach twisted in response.

“I.. That can’t prove it.” I stuttered, my face heating up. I thought about Daniel, and why he helped me. Is what he saying true?

“Destiny, I was your foster parent. It’s not a family feeling I have for you. I do love Caroline very much, but I didn’t know I could feel this for someone else, until I met you.” He said into his hands.

“I have to move out, I have to go. I can’t stay and ruin anything for you and mo-…Caroline.” I said, walking to my room. I knew he was following me, because his footsteps were loud behind me.

“No, don’t leave. I didn’t do anything before, and I won’t do anything now. I want to protect you.” He said, grabbing my arm. Tears managed to spill over as I yanked my arm away from him.

“I have to leave, Alan. I would feel so guilty if you broke Caroline’s heart.. I won‘t be able to live with myself if something happed to you both.” I whispered, grabbing a bag and stuffing clothes into it.

“Stay, please.” He whispered, so low, I almost couldn’t hear him. I shook my head, gathering more things and stuffing them into my bag.

“I’m eighteen, Alan. I’m a legal adult.” I stated, zipping the bag up. “I love you, but like a daughter loves her father.” I continued.

“Eighteen?” He asked, his eyebrows raising. Confused, I looked at him, nodding my head. He walked towards me, stopping when our bodies were inches from each other. I’ve never been more scared in my life. His hand touched my cheek, rubbing it before cupping it. I almost jerked away, like he shocked me. It didn’t feel right when he touched me. “Do you mind if I steal one kiss before you leave, then?” He asked, his eyes desperate.

“Yes, I do.” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling it from my face. I grabbed my bag before I fled the house.

**************************************************************************************************************

A filler chapter with some important information. :D Enjoy this weird chapter, and gimme some feedback? :) Thanks!

<3